Ravensword: The Fallen King Review
- Huge game world; Beautiful graphics.
- Simple and useful combat system.
- Controls can get sticky at bad moments.
- Only automatic saving available.
Frustrating and complex controls are the only tarnish on this otherwise impressively ambitious game.
- Full Review
- App Store Info
Many have tried before, but Chillingo has brought traditional Western 3D RPGs to the iPhone in a big way with Ravensword: The Fallen King. Ravensword combines traditional RPG elements with and a story focused gameplay system that tries to live up to games like The Witcher making it a stand out addition to iTunes and well worth checking out.
At first the controls can feel a bit confusing as they combine on screen elements with on screen dragging to look around and select items or people. This comes into its own when you get to fight, selecting enemies by tapping on to them and locking the camera making it easy to move around dodging attacks. The analogue stick can feel a bit sticky which makes any tricky maneuvering difficult, but modifying the game's sensitivity will generally sort that out quickly.
For a game that's under 70mb to download, Ravensword is amazing to behold. Much of the game takes place in large open areas that have an amazing view distance and are well designed. The effects are spectacular - though magic tends to take a back seat in most fights - and if you can stand the lower frame rate, turning on shadows gives the game more visual depth to enjoy.
This is a huge game and one that you can keep coming back to as it removes a lot of the fiddly bits of RPGs like inventory management and modifying statistics while keeping the adventure and story elements intact. One of the best RPGs available on the iPhone and worth getting into.
DescriptionOn Sale for a Limited Period! Ravensword: The Fallen King is a massive, sandbox-style adventure. Combining action with RPG elements, Ravensword features rich and interactive environments that bring you a gaming experience unlike anything you’ve seen on the iOS platform.
Our land is a peaceful one. There is no war or hunger here, but strange and evil creatures stalk the night ...
Enter the world of Ravensword: The Fallen King: Take on quests to earn money and experience. Wield powerful weapons and magical runes. Battle fearsome enemies such as Orcs, Trolls, Ogres and Demons. Test your skills with a variety of games and side quests.
This is the first adventure in the Ravensword series.
* Innovative 3D Action/Adventure/RPG hybrid gameplay in an open environment.
* An engrossing high-fantasy story that will take hours to unravel.
* An expansive 3D world filled with stunning locations and an entertaining cast of characters.
* A multitude of enemies to battle using an optional auto-targeting interface.
* Mighty weapons, items, and magical runes to purchase and uncover as your character gains wealth and experience.
* Choice between first and third-person perspectives at the touch of a button.
* Epic soundtrack and spatial 3D audio that puts you right in the action. Listen to the footsteps of creatures as they creep up next to you!
* A clear inventory interface, combined with simple leveling and full auto-saves, ensuring pick-up-and-play.
* Ride a horse, practice shooting your bow, hunt animals in the forest – these are just a taste of the possibilities within Ravensword.
* Secret areas, monsters, and treasures to keep you playing long after you’ve completed the main storyline.
Ravensword: The Fallen King is truly a unique gaming experience in the App Store.
- iTunes - Best Apps of 2009
- Kotaku - "Chillingo's ambitious app puts a Lord of the Rings-like adventure in the palm of your hand."
- Appgamer 9/10 Superb
- Slidetoplay 3/4 "One of the most ambitious titles ever to hit the App Store."
- IGN "Built like a PC RPG with a hint of Zelda ."
Additional models and textures by Arteria3d.com
Ravensword is developed by Crescent Moon Games and published by Chillingo Ltd
Terms of Service : http://www.ea.com/terms-of-service
EULA : http://tos.ea.com/legalapp/mobileeula/US/en/OTHER/
Visit http://www.chillingo.com/about/game-faqs/ for assistance or inquiries.
EA may retire online features and services after 30 days notice posted on www.ea.com/1/service-updates