Heavy Mach 2 Review
- Simple and intelligent control schema.
- Intense battles and complex tactics.
- Stripped down Action-RPG mechanics.
- Level navigation can be slow and long-distance travel is tedious.
If you were expecting a direct update to the original Heavy Mach then you may be disappointed, but Heavy Mach 2 has managed to shift to an action-RPG smoothly and is definitely worth a try.
- Full Review
- App Store Info
Heavy Mach 2 by IndiApps is a surprising title, if only because it's a sequel that dares to try a radically new approach to its gameplay. Instead of bouncing your way through a side-scrolling 2D world, your "Mach" is viewed from a top-down view and plays like a tactical action RPG which brings the series closer to serious mech-battles than ever before.
Gameplay is controlled using a radically unique single-finger touch system. Touching enemies locks your Mach on to them and fires automatically, allowing you to double touch the field to dash, touch to set a new heading or drag on the screen to set multiple waypoints. However, while the combat may be interesting, long distance traveling between levels can quickly become laborious.
For a top down 2D action RPG this game takes the artwork well beyond conventions. The hand drawn digital art that forms everything from the backgrounds to the Machs themselves are extremely well detailed. The only drawback here is that more concentration is required to read the complex detail in the gameplay field, but path-blocking obstacles are easy to recognize after they've been encountered once.
Heavy Mach 2 incorporates all of the major features of action-RPGs without the necessity of "stats" or "skills". These are instead replaced with skill based maneuvering and clever enemies that action and mech fans will appreciate. This is definitely a game worth experiencing.
DescriptionHEAVY MACH 2
Please download the new app, as this version will no longer be supported.
As a paid user, you will be awarded with in-game items worth $2.99 in the new app.
The Best Machine Action-RPG for your iPhone and iPod Touch!
The all-new sequel to the originator in Heavy-Armored Tank Action, "Heavy Mach," has been released!
This episode of the Heavy Mach series includes a new battlefield and mission system, all from within a new overhead view for a more RPG feel and smoother gameplay.
New enemies, better bosses, more powerful weapons and the new build and attack system will guarantee hours of continued enjoyment.
- Various enemies including mid-to-high level bosses
- A huge variety of weapons, parts and bot systems can be bought from the in-game store
- Amazing Air-strike attacks and a new “Endless Missions and Quests System”
- More enchanted effects and better game-feel than the original "Heavy Mach."
#### How to play
1. Accept the mission in the command center of the base-camp.
2. Buy arms, parts or special attack items from the shop of the base-camp.
3. Install parts or bots in the maintenance shop.
4. Execute the mission fighting with enemies on the battlefield.
What's New in Version 2.0.2Crashing issue on iOS 3.x resolved
Minor bug fixes.