- Simple and responsive tilt based controls.
- Players can use their iPod during gameplay.
- Innovative and enjoyable online leaderboard options.
- The core gameplay is a bit repetitive.
- There is only one main game mode.
GloBall is a solid physics based game that will satisfy leaderboard junkies or convert ‘offline only’ players with its fantastic online leaderboard access.
- Full Review
- App Store Info
For those of you who strive to be the best at any games you play, who spend hours making sure that your highscore ranks in the top 100 leaderboards then GloBall might be the perfect game for you. GloBall is a gravity based ball game where players roll around a maze, smashing different coloured gems in order to max out your highscore.
Players control the speed and direction of their ball by tilting their iPhone. There are a number of different power-ups and score multipliers that you can collect throughout each level in order to boost your score but the core gameplay remains the same. You’ll also need to watch out for various enemies or obstacles that will hinder, and possibly end your game.
Visually, the game is quite simple, and features a very vibrant colour palette. The sound is very basic but players are free to use their iPod during gameplay. GloBall has only one main game mode, but the interesting feature this game has is that you can see and track every other player and their highscores on a global map. Allowing you to interact and check who’s playing on the other side of the world, and what scores they have.
GloBall’s ingenuity in its online leaderboard options is truly the standout achievement here. The game does offer a lot of levels and content but you’ll find yourself checking other scores via the GPS like tracking that is offered here. So if you love the idea of being the best in the world at something, there’s no reason not to take up the challenge of GloBall.
DescriptionThe globe is covered with GloBall players, and more are joining every day!
Shortly after it was released, GloBall made it to the #1 game slot in the US, and the #2 app! Hundreds of thousands of players have made their mark on the globe. How much of the globe can you conquer?
GloBall is simple and addictive. Tilt to roll the ball and break blocks! Avoid or squish your enemies, and conquer the globe! As your score increases, so does your sphere of influence on the GloBall globe. Can you become the best player in your neighborhood or even the world?
"This game rocks! Everything about it, from the graphics/animations, to the sounds, to the powerups and gameplay... totally polished."
- Matt Dunn, iPhone Games Network
"GloBall is one of those games that's not only pretty, but incredibly well done. It's got tons of visually engaging power-ups, bonuses, and enemies to defeat. Not only is it visually gifted, it's also incredibly responsive."
- Michael Johnston, iPhone Alley
"In a phrase, GloBall is pure fun."
- Jeremy Horwitz, iLounge
"GloBall is addicting fun for all ages."
- Dorothy, App Chatter
"Globall is a unique experience on the iPhone. Combining great gameplay with great visuals and you have an App Store hit. Globall goes beyond that with the best integration of global high scores to date. Globall is a super fun experience that should be had by all, and is a definite must have."
- Trevor Sheridan, App Advice
"What do you get when you combine Breakout, Pac-Man, Pinball and Duke Nukem and then truss them all up in graphics that Industrial Light and Magic would have been proud of? You get GloBall, of course."
- Steve Litchfield, iPhone Application List
- One-of-a-kind global high scores system. See if you can get the highest score in your neighborhood, your city, or even the whole world!
- Beautiful graphics.
- Easy controls. Tilt to control the ball, shake to destroy enemy tar blobs!
- 70 levels.
- Secret bonus areas!
- Awesome powerups! Fire Ball! Ice Ball! Bomb Ball! Lightning Ball! Nuclear Ball!
- Strategy! Collect color bonuses to maximize your score. Find the best path through each level to become the GloBall champion!
- Danger! Tar monsters, spike balls, spike wheels, fire walls, and more.