Tehra Dark Warrior Review
- Epic sound track.
- Large varied 3D environments.
- Plenty of upgrades for Tehra.
- Combat feels clunky and results in unnecessary damage taken.
- No clear objectives at times.
Just like Tehra's split personality, Dark Warrior may bring out the best or the worst in you while playing this game. This is one for fans of the genre.
- Full Review
- App Store Info
The action adventure hack and slash has been tried many times already for the touch device and has been received with mixed results. While some echo the gameplay of games from home consoles, others have tried their own route to succeeding on a mobile platform. Tehra Dark Warrior by Stormbasic is a sometimes surprising, but ultimately average hack and slasher that doesn't quite manage to excite.
Tehra uses a virtual analogue stick with buttons for the attack, block and magic controls. The titular heroine Tehra is responsive, but attacking is another problem altogether. Despite the use of simple button-mashing combinations, enemies are prone to becoming temporarily invincible while in the middle of an animation such as falling, or worse still Tehra will, seemingly with no reason at all attack thin air instead of the foe you're aiming at.
The game is set in a 3D third-person perspective and has fairly reasonable artwork, though heavy texture compression has taken its toll and much of the environment is fairly washed out. Levels aren't always linear, which is a great change from other titles, but with the fixed camera it's likely you may not even realize where your next objective is with the path out of sight.
Tehra Dark Warrior is a game for action fans who are starved for more content. While the game is playable, the flaws are just too evident to truly fall in love with it.
Description"Impressive boss enemies and an atmospheric soundtrack add to the overall quality." 4/5 (Sunday Times)
"One of the smoothest, most attractive 3D adventures in the app store." (nodpad.com)
For centuries, the land of Sistar was laid waste by countless battles between the human race and the Urka'h, a fearsome breed of demons. Hundreds of thousands of fighters lost their lives in bloody wars, bringing both races to the brink of total destruction.
The kings of the humans and the Urka'h saw the need to end a conflict which could only lead to the extinction of both races. So the treaty of Tarkhubal was agreed, and to ensure it was kept, they created an assassin, half human and half Urka'h, so powerful that she could destroy all who tried to break the treaty.
Tehra: Dark Warrior, is a thrilling 3D action and adventure game, immersing us in a fantasy world where Orcs, Undead, Mages, enormous Trolls and beasts unknown to man will walk with us through the lands of Sistar, with the single aim of destroying us.
Find hidden coffers. Seize special objects from powerful enemies to arm yourself. Release the demonic force within you and multiply your power to become Dark Warrior. Enjoy the most eagerly awaited game for iPhone/iPod Touch.
• Fantastic story mode, with detailed 3D scenarios.
• MINI GAMES included.
• Dynamic difficulty. If you dead on a level...don't worry. Continue trying it, the difficulty will be a bit lower every time.
• Enter the worldwide competition thanks to the ONLINE MODE. Can you get all the prizes? Will you be the best?*
• Sometimes brute strength is not enough. Increase Tehra’s COMBAT AND MAGIC SKILLS during the game.
• TWO CHARACTER STATES: Human and Demon.
• FLUID MOVEMENTS in a totally 3D environment.
• SPECTACULAR GRAPHICS AND SPECIAL EFFECTS, where Tehra: Dark Warrior gets the most from every pixel on your iPod/iPhone.
• Hours and hours of gameplay.
• SPECTACULAR SOUNDTRACK which will immerse you in this fantasy world.
• Totally translated to English, Spanish, German, Italian and French.
* Social Platform AGON Online by Aptocore
What's New in Version 1.26+ Player can change difficulty settings.
+ Improved gameplay.
+ Improved graphics.
+ New levels.
+ New combo attacks.
+ Bug Fixes
This update requires iOS 3.0 or higher
The current saved game will be lost.