Space Miner™ Review
- Publisher: Venan Entertainment, Inc.
- Genre: Entertainment
- Released: 5 Feb, 2010
- Size: 171.2 MB
- Price: $3.99
- The sound and visuals are very impressive.
- Gameplay is thoroughly addictive.
- Appeals to pretty much everyone.
- Music may not be to everyones taste.
Space Miner is an addictive, well polished Asteroids clone, that mixes fast paced space combat with RPG inspired ship upgrading. This game is highly recommended.
- Full Review
- App Store Info
Coming in to dock on the App store, Space Miner: Space Ore Bust will easily mine its way into your heart. Imagine if Asteroids were an RPG, with a ton of class and oozing personality, and you might be close. As the pilot of a mining ship, you must help your Uncle Jeb's failing mining company by travelling around in space, shooting asteroids and harvesting the ore within. Using the profits to upgrade your ship in a variety of ways, you go from a tub of scrap to owning a ship to be proud of. The game is packed with humour throughout.
The control scheme is simple enough. Two buttons on the right control shooting and thrust, and a wheel on the left controls the direction the ship faces. They respond perfectly, and there are options to tweak the controls such as inverting the buttons, auto fire and even adjusting the size of the wheel.
The visuals are stunning, with a level of detail rarely seen on the iPhone. The colours are bright and vibrant, the animations are smooth, and is generally impressive to look at. Sounds are fantastic, from the gun effects to the engine sputtering, and the music sets up the backwater locale with a grassroots style banjo soundtrack.
There are leaderboards via Plus+, awards to unlock and levels can be replayed for more profits. With many missions to play through in the story you will entertained for hours, and RPG fans will love working towards upgrading the ship. Pretty much everything has been done right in this game, making it easy to recommend.
DescriptionThe Game of the Year award-winning action-RPG is back in a big way with this new MEGA UPDATE! With a brand new storyline, new enemies, new asteroids, and new gear, it's the perfect time to experience this iOS classic for the first time!
- New bonus storyline that continues the adventures of Uncle Jeb and the Gritstone Mining Company!
- A new map filled with 16 new sectors to mine!
- New asteroids, tougher enemies, and brand new secrets to uncover!
- Two new License Levels, with top-tier ship equipment to match!
- A new ultra-powerful level 8 ship, designed by billionaire madman Bancroft!
Since its original release, SPACE MINER: SPACE ORE BUST has been hailed as one of the greatest iOS games of all time by critics and customers alike. Don't believe us? Check out these reviews:
"Without a question, this is one of the best games I've played since the App Store went live" - Toucharcade.com (5/5 stars)
"HOW GOOD IS SPACE MINER. The answer is INCREDIBLE GOOD. It's probably the best original game to hit the iPhone." - Gizmodo
"Space Miner: Space Ore Bust gets my total complete recommendation. Long gamelife, great polished graphics and most importantly fun gameplay in space accompanied by banjos. Now I want a sequel." - Touchgen.com (5/5 stars)
"Few games truly stand out like Space Miner does." - Slide to Play (4/4 - Must Have)
App Store Rating: 4.5/5 (over 5,000 reviews!)
Onion AV Club: Grade A
No Dpad: "MUST HAVE"
App Spy: 5/5
Still reading? Awesome! Here are some more good reasons to pick up SPACE MINER!
- Hours of space-blasting gameplay across a massive 64-sector, non-linear galaxy!
- Fully upgradeable and customizable ships with literally thousands of possible equipment combinations!
- Hilarious storyline featuring top-notch writing!
- New Game+ mode lets you keep your game-changing ALIEN TECH and play on harder difficulty modes!
- Full Game Center integration for Achievements and Leaderboards.
Want to learn more about SPACE MINER or the Venan crew? Check us out!
Follow us on Twitter @VenanEnt
Join us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/VenanEnt
What's New in Version 1.5.2- Fixed: An issue that would prevent some space miners from accessing the final sector of the Scar's Revenge expansion, dooming them to an eternity of never knowing whether the evil General Scar succeeds in his master plan or is thwarted by the good guys.
- Fixed: A rare issue that could cause crashes or loss of save data. It was so rare, in fact, that we had to set off on an epic journey of discovery and understanding through the Space Miner codebase to find and fix it.
- Fixed: Numerous issues where certain achievements were not achievable. Unachievable achievements can now be achieved.
- Fixed: Issues related to GameCenter not tracking space miners' progress on certain achievements. Since this information is useful, and also kind of important, we decided to fix it.