Riddim Ribbon feat. The Black Eyed Peas Review
- Interesting new take on the music/rhythm genre.
- Remix paths on songs add replayability.
- Controls need tweaking.
- Playlist too short.
Tapulous have tried a new approach to rhythm games on the iphone, but you might want to wait for some updates before you give it a go.
- Full Review
- App Store Info
Tapulous has made some of the better music and rhythm games on the iphone with their well recieved 'Tap Tap Revenge' series. Now they're trying a new take on the rhythm genre with Riddim Ribbon. Similar in look to the indie PC game Audiosurf, players ride a wave of the music chosen, but sadly that's where the similarities end.
Players tilt their iphone to move left and right along the track. The aim of the game is to keep on the small road that moves in time to the beat. Along the road are orbs, jumps, and hoops that improve your score and multiplier. If you don't reach a certain score by the checkpoints throughout the song, it's game over. Throughout the song there are also splits in the tracks and ramps to lead to higher tracks. These provide alternate remixes and special effects to keep the song fresh on subsequent playthroughs.
The colours and effect along the track are nice but not really too noticeable when you're zipping along. There are only three tracks on offer to play, with three other songs as DLC. Also the announcer's voice as you're playing is very annoying, but luckily you can turn that off. The music selection at the moment is quite poor, with only Black Eyed Peas songs available.
Riddim Ribbon is an interesting idea, but not fully realised. The controls need some tweaking or a sensitivity option, and the track list is quite small and unvaried. With the pedegree Tapulous has, hopefully this game will reach its full potential in future updates.
DescriptionTAP TAP REVENGE, THE #1 IPHONE GAME, AND BLACK EYED PEAS,THE #1 HIT BAND OF 2009, TEAM UP TO GIVE YOU A COMPLETELY NEW MUSIC GAME! Riddim Ribbon is sure to make you say "Boom Boom Pow" when you play, with big name artists such as Black Eyed Peas, Tiesto and Benny Benassi. This perfect mashup of music and racing will have you on the edge of your seat as you create unique mixes to the hottest music of 2010.
Riddim Ribbon has you tilting your iPhone or iPod Touch as you speed down a crazy, curving ribbon. Use the marble to collect all the pebbles in the path to help you pass checkpoints and achieve a higher score. Cat like reflexes at a fork in the path allows you to create your own unique mixes and be on the lookout for ramps to take your DJ skills to the next level by making a sound that's uniquely your own. But don't stray too far off the path or hit obstacles or you'll loose your groove and have to get back in the rhythm. Every song in Riddim Ribbon has multiple paths leading to remixes by some of the world's top DJ's.
DON'T JUST TAKE OUR WORD FOR IT ....
“I am so excited about this game. It makes you re-think the concept of playing a song. It makes you re-think the remix." will.i.am
"a melting pot of rhythm, racing, and action, making for a simultaneously novel and familiar gaming experience. Old Tap Tap Revenge players feel at home finding music welded to the very core of the game's physics and new users may simply be discovering the latest in racing/action games." vator.tv
"As a rhythm-racing hybrid, Riddim Ribbon is a real success." IGN Review
SOME AMAZING FEATURES, TAKING THE 3D AND AUDIO ENGINES TO THE MAX ...
- Unique music-reaction mechanism: users create their own mixes combining special effects and several remixes of each track
- Intense visual effects specially tuned for each song
Global scoreboards, Facebook connect, Tapulous avatar and profile integration
LOTS OF HIT REMIXES OF SOME HIT SINGLES ....
Bundled Black Eyed Peas Tracks Include:
- Boom Boom Pow
- Boom Boom Wow (DJ will.i.am Megamix)
- Boom Boom Style (Zuper Blahq Exclusive Remix)
- I Gotta Feeling
- I Gotta Feeling (Printz vs. [[[uper Blahq]]] Remix)
- I Gotta Feeling (Dave Guetta FMIF Remix)
- I Gotta Feeling ([[[Zuper Blahz]]] Remix)
- I Gotta Feeling (Taboo's Broken Spanglish Remix)
- Meet Me Halfway ( Black Eyed Peas)
- Meet Me Halfway (Baby) (Printz Board Remix for Beets & Produce, Inc.)
- Meet Me Halfway (DJ Ammo/Poet Name Life Remix)
- Louder Than Boom (Tiesto)
- Louder Than Boom (Bart B More Remix)
- Louder Than Boom (Henry Saiz Remix)
- Louder THan Boom (Tyrane Remix)
- Tiesto: Escape Me (feat. C.C. Sheffield)
- Tiesto: Escape Me (Avicii's Remix At Night)
- Tiesto: Escape Me (Alex Gaudno & Jason Rooney Remix)
- Tiesto: Escape Me (LA Riots Remix)
- Benny Benassi: Satisfaction (Isak Original)
- Benny Benassi: Satisfaction ( Robbie Rivera Remix)
- Benny Benassi: Satisfaction ( Steve Murano Remix)
- Benny Benassi: Satisfaction (DJ I.C.O.N. Remix)
CHECK OUT MORE TAPULOUS GAMES INCLUDING ...
- Tap Tap Revenge 3: #1 game on the iPhone
- Tap Tap Dance: 10 top dance tracks, psychedelic them
- Tap Tap Lady Gaga: #1 female artist of 2009
- Metallica Revenge: Fist-pounding rock, 10 great hits
What's New in Version 1.0.3- Easier to unlock harder levels
- Less aggressive audio distortion on built-in tracks
- New options to adjust the camera and the accelerometer sensitivity
- Bug fixes