Cluck It! Review
- Publisher: Curious Bear Productions Pty Ltd
- Genre: Arcade
- Released: 28 Aug, 2009
- Size: 8.1 MB
- Price: $0.99
- Simple, addictive gameplay.
- Fun, polished 3D visuals.
- No online scores.
Cluck It is a simple, fun, tongue in cheek title in which you'll answer the question "Why did the chicken cross the road?" over and over again.
- Full Review
- App Store Info
Why did the chicken cross the road? In Cluck It, you find out! Cluck It is a simple, yet addictive game in which you must get your chicken and her chicks across the road without getting hit by cars.
The game is controlled by tapping the screen to move your chicken a step further out into the road until you make it all the way to the other side. At each step, the chicken matches the speed of the cars as they travel so you only need to get your timing right when taking steps into the next lane.
For a simple game, the 3D visuals are very well done and match the game's "tongue in cheek" nature. You'll come to love the chicken, especially when you just make the gap and end up riding the hood of one of the cars. The music is fun, although a little repetitive, and must be silenced through the game menu if you're listening to your iPod.
The game has many levels in which you try to get a top score by going as fast as you can without getting hit, although there is no online component for bragging and each level is simply the same gameplay but with different speed traffic or additional lanes.
Reminiscent of Frogger, Cluck It has that addictive quality that even though the gameplay is repetitive, you'll find you want to keep playing anyway. Backed by impressive visuals, Cluck It is a fun, albeit shallow game.
DescriptionWhy did the chicken cross the road? A timeless mystery, solved once and for all by ... Cluck It!
Representing the pinnacle of road crossing action, Cluck It! combines easy to learn controls with over 50 levels. Can you master eight lanes of high speed challenge?
#1 Paid App in Mexico!
#1 Arcade Game in Kuwait!
#3 Arcade Game in Hong Kong!
#5 Family Game in Australia!
"This game is highly addictive and enjoyable which makes a dangerous combination." - App Inspectors
"you can't go wrong with this one." - ImNoSuperMan
"I was surprised by how much I enjoyed the single touch/button approach ... it worked so well and added a fascinating strategy element." - Azahru
INCREDIBLY SIMPLE AND ADDICTIVE
- Get the baby chicks to school on time.
- Amazingly easy to learn single touch controls.
- But don't get boxed in, and watch out for roadworks!
- 50 levels to unlock in 5 chapters, from 2 easy lanes, to 8 lanes of ludicrous speed!
- 5 "Star" Levels you'll want to play over and over.
- Re-play your favorite chapter to improve your score.
- Hood Hop for bonus points by crossing in front of cars.
- Chain Hood Hops for even more bonus points.
- But don't run out of time while playing chicken!
- Play in-game music, or music from your library.
- Saves progress and tracks scores across each level.