Robot Rampage Review
- Fun and rewarding gameplay.
- Eye lasers!
- Lack of modes.
- May get repetitive for some.
Robot Rampage is a simple, yet fun Rampage clone that's guaranteed to brighten your day.
- Full Review
- App Store Info
Rampage was a lot of fun. Choosing a giant lizard, gorilla, or wolfman and destroying cities for no reason kept gamers playing for a very long time. The basic idea has now been revitalized for the iphone, and instead of a giant animal, you're a giant robot! Yes the point of the game is to see how many city blocks you can destroy before the army ends your reign of carnage.
You have a few attacks in your arsenal. Tapping and holding on screen fires your eye laser which will be your main weapon of mass destruction. If enemies get close or you need a change, you can also punch and stomp the ground, but cause enough damage, and your atomic reactor core builds up, unleashing a wave blast that clears the screen. The army causes plenty of damage and since you only get a small health boost every ten blocks, you need to stay on your toes.
The game has a rather basic blend of simple 3d and 2d, but everything is easily identifiable. The sound is basic too, but you can set up ipod playlists to aid in the mayhem. There is only the main mode, with Openfeint leaderboards and achievements.
Robot Rampage should put a smile on your face. Stomping along with your robot firing lasers at buildings is immensely fun. How long the fun lasts depends on how much you enjoy destroying buildings before you get taken down.
DescriptionGrab your robot and get smashing!
The invasion has arrived, and YOU are the robot invader on a mission to tear the city apart! Stomp, burn and nuke your way through randomly generated city levels and crush the humans!
How far can YOU rampage?
• Simple, intuitive control system gives you total destructive power!
• Punch, shoot and stomp your way through the city blocks!
• Carve a path of carnage through the fully destructible scenery!
• Randomly generated layouts for a different experience every play!
• Engage in all-out warfare against troops, helicopters, tanks, bombers and ballistic missiles!
• Gorgeous environments, enemies and visual effects!
• Multiple game modes:
Air Assault - How many can you destroy?
Countdown - Beat the clock!
Rampage - Destroy it all with new powerups!
Classic - Leave a trail of destruction!
• Additional content giving you two more awesome robots & environments! (IAP)
• Online high scores & achievements using GameCenter
• Music Player (OS3.0 or higher required) for playing your own music!
• Awesome music & sound effects by Earcom!
For a video & more info check out origin8.com/robotrampage
Follow us at twitter.com/origin8 & facebook.com/origin8
What's New in Version 1.7.6- Fixes the robots laser being messed up after returning from an advert
- GameCenter fixes