- Tower defense with some RTS elements.
- Multiple directions for incoming units.
- Smooth level progression.
- Placement controls finicky.
- Limited replay value.
Guns'n'Glory will give tower defense fans a nice change-up with its moveable towers and limited resources, but as with most TD's it still suffers from the same repetitive gameplay.
- Full Review
- App Store Info
Part tower defense, part real time strategy, Guns'n'Glory by Handy Games has certainly done a good job of grabbing my attention. In this Western themed title you'll need to ambush pioneers, taking them in for ransom, but don't get complacent as they'll try their hardest to avoid trouble by weaving through different canyons, forcing you to pick up and move your forces on the fly.
Each of your 'towers' can be moved in order to deal with the constantly changing situations by tapping to select and then tapping a new location for them to stand in. It's also possible to force your units to 'focus' their fire, but you'll need to deselect any tower under your control first, which can get annoying on larger maps with spread out forces. Placement can also be finicky, but a zoom function helps to make placement easier.
The maps only have a limited amount of resources available, with the bandits deciding to continue sleeping until you can pay them to join in on the fight. Each of the units represent the major tower types used in defense games and the earlier levels do a good job of teaching you the new abilities while slowly introducing additional game features.
Like a lot of other tower defense games things can start to get repetitive after a while, but the variation and strategy of placing your limited amount of units does a good job of staving off the boredom. Guns'n'Glory is definitely worth a look-see if you're a fan of tower defense titles.
DescriptionBecome the most fearsome and richest leader of all bandits in the Wild West!
What would the Wild West have been without its charismatic villains? Boring! So take a walk in the cowboy boots of Billy the Kid, Jesse James or Butch Cassidy to become a real, low-down bad guy! Form your own gang by recruiting cool cowboys, crazy bandits and brave Indians. Take up a smart, strategic position and lie in wait at the canyon to ambush settlers, stagecoaches and the gold train. Rain bullets, lead and flaming arrows down on the pious pioneers! If your victims look like they might escape, set off in pursuit to stop them from alerting the Sheriff! Once you have bagged more than a fistful of dollars, you'll be able to afford cannons and even steam trains fitted with Gatling guns to completely wreak havoc on your victims!
- Defense strategy game with mobile units
- Wild West scenario
- Zoom function
- Upgrade bandits to 3 levels
- Guns, flaming arrows, dynamite and cannons
- 10 types of enemies and units
- Auto balancing for saddle-weary or brave gunslingers
- High Noon online highscore function
- 10 leaded levels
- Bonus chests for gold nuggets and power-ups
Thank you for playing Guns'n'Glory!
Get in touch with HandyGamesTM: http://www.handy-games.com
Join us on Facebook: http://www.fb.com/handygames
Follow us on Instagram: http://instagram.com/handygames
Check news on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/handy_games
Stay tuned on Google+: http://goo.gl/qkjngm
Subscribe to our YouTube channel: http://goo.gl/2Kq6yY
What's New in Version 1.7.1HandyGames proudly presents the ultimate content update for Guns’n’Glory!
Travel through the boomtowns of Nevada and once again raid settlers to earn your bandits’ living! As a little extra gift, leave the West and enter the cold areas of Alaska to find even more gold and glory!
- More raids, more guns, more glory!
- 10 new challenging maps in the deserts of Nevada!
- 10 bonus maps in the cold district of Alaska!
- New Unit: the high-explosive Pyromaniac with his deadly rockets!
- New Unit: the mad Snake Oil Salesman and his toxic tonics
- New Unit: the shady Gambler and his poker cards for gaining extra units and bonus money!
- New support for the enemy: the helpful Doc that heals his settler friends!
- New bonus crates with powerful effects!
- Some minor bugfixes and optimizations
- Fixed a crash on iOS 4 devices