- Publisher: Fallen Tree Games Ltd
- Genre: Entertainment
- Released: 7 Aug, 2010
- Size: 29.4 MB
- Price: $1.99
- Simple to learn, hard to solve puzzles.
- Built in hint system.
- Beautiful soft graphical style.
- Multiple profiles to share with friends.
- Challenging to finish even with hints available.
Quell is a beautifully relaxing puzzle title to delve in to and even when things get rough it's easy to get lost in the moment and just play for the sake of chilling out.
- Full Review
- App Store Info
'Relaxed' doesn't even begin to describe the experience of playing Quell by Fallen Tree Games, but it's certainly how I felt when playing this wonderfully simple and atmospheric logic puzzler.
In each level your aim is to collect all the available 'pearls', avoiding traps as you keep sliding until you hit a wall. It's not a new concept by any means, but additional puzzle elements such as being able to warp from one side of the screen to the other makes things much harder to keep track of, especially when aiming for perfect runs. Moving around is intuitive enough and only requires swiping to set your droplet in motion, stopping only once its hit a barrier.
However it's the calming presentation of the whole package that really makes Quell shine. The pastel designs are soft, but also balanced by soft tinkling chimes when you succeed and a constantly changing background horizon. Better yet, frustration is also alleviated by the addition of 'hint tokens' that can be spent to give one possible solution, with more tokens being earned as you complete further puzzles.
Finishing Quell can be quite a hard task, but certainly not a frustrating one and while the puzzle concept may not be terribly new it's one that puzzle fans can jump in to and simply enjoy from start to finish.
Description***** Thanks to the 2 million+ players who’ve already fallen in love with Quell, Quell Reflect, and Quell Memento, and helped us to No 1 in several countries! *****
Quell is an enchanting game of logic which has taken the puzzle world by storm. Don’t take our word for it! Read our user reviews (thanks guys!), and see for yourself!
"Quell. Is. Perfect" - No Dpad
"Woozily hypnotic" – Eurogamer
"Gaming App of the Day" – Kotaku
"Beautifully relaxing" – AppSpy
"Calming zen-like atmosphere" – Gamezebo
"Absolute joy to play" - Pocket Full of Apps
"Incredibly polished. Extra fun. Constantly amazes" – iPhoneAlley
"Seems to lower blood pressure instead of raising it" – BestKidsApps
* Over 80 levels of cunningly crafted puzzles – requires lateral thinking!
* Perfectly balanced difficulty curve – soothing, not frustrating!
* iCloud integration / Universal app – Sync on all your iOS devices!
* HD and Retina support – beautiful hand-painted art!
* GameCenter Achievements and Leaderboards – Challenge your friends!
* Custom soundtrack by top composer Steven Cravis – Calming music helps the brain!
* Localized for English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Polish, Portuguese, Chinese, Korean, Taiwanese, and Japanese.
* Requires iOS 4.3 or higher.
Fall in love with Quell today...
What's New in Version 1.76Black screen issue fixed for ipad 1 users
* Happy holidays to all the Quell, Quell Reflect and Quell Memento players!