RPG Snake - The Adventure of Akua Review
- Charming RPG inspired Snake gameplay.
- AI enemies and randomized level design.
- Endless mode to unlock.
- Main game takes about 20 minute to finish.
- RPG in style, not gameplay.
RPG Snake doesn't revolutionize 'Snake' for the iPhone, but it's a cute game that makes for a fun alternative to add to your arcade collection.
- Full Review
- App Store Info
If there's any game that's synonymous with mobile phones, it'd have to be Snake. This classic arcade title has been crawling its way around screens since the late 70's and saw a huge resurgence in the late 90's thanks to Nokia phones. But what does all of this have to do with RPGs? 'RPG Snake - The Adventure of Akua' is Slime Marmalade's take on this iconic game, following the adventures of a knight out to rescue a princess (you know, that old chestnut) and the various fantasy foes he has to conquer on the way.
Much like the classic game, as you defeat foes you 'grow' in to a longer chain of knights that moves faster and faster across the relatively tiny arena. Obstacles are littered around the level and provide natural hazards that become more difficult to avoid with your army of knights and becomes especially challenging as enemies learn to move around as well. The main campaign doesn't take long to finish, but for those who do complete the game an amusing Epilogue level is available in the classic snake-style for endless gameplay.
RPG Snake uses an isometric 3D perspective with 2D sprites that use basic animations. There's no iTunes support for background music, but the game's ambient soundtrack is easy to listen to.
There's not a lot of new features in RPG Snake that add to the classic gameplay style, but its cute charm and amusing epilogue make this a great alternative 'Snake' for your iPhone game collection.
DescriptionIt's amazing how much entertainment you can get from a simple idea well executed. - squarezero, TouchArcade
The classic cell phone game Snake gets an RPG makeover in this surprisingly adorable hybrid. - GameZebo
The classic snake game has returned in RPG form!
Quest to save the pretty princess from the Devil!
Destroy slime, sand worms, the undead, and more!
Go save the damsel in distress. This... is your ultimate mission.
Go now, Sir Knight. Fulfill your destiny!
- Easy Play: This is an old style snake-like game. Very easy to understand the game rules!
- Easy Control: Just touch the arrows where you want to move!
- Lovely Artworks: All artworks are pixel-designed. Find cute monsters in your screen!
- Challenging: 2 Leaderboards and 23 Achievements over 11 Stages!
- OpenFeint Integration: Compete with your friends on the OpenFeint community!
1. Move your hero using the four diagonal arrows!
2. Bump into the monsters and your line of troop gets longer!
3. Be careful to stay inside of the terrain. Don't crash into your troops or obstacles!
4. Kill all boss monsters and go forward to your journey!
Please let us know how to make your adventure better :)
This is our first game!
Slime Marmalade is an indie game developer.
We are going to keep making various unique iPhone and iPad games :D
2010 Slime Marmalade
Need Support? Email us:
What's New in Version 1.3.1- Fixed crash problem on loading application
- Added application loading screen