Atlantis - Legend of the Mermaids Review
- Lots of weapons to enjoy.
- Fun and initially simple gameplay style.
- Good to know that fish-men have gems in their bellies!
- Some weird immature themes.
Overall 'Atlantis - Legend of the Mermaids' is an interesting mix of ideas with a slightly immature that amounts to a pretty standard action title that has its entertaining moments.
- Full Review
- App Store Info
Saving mermaids from terrible fish-men from Atlantis sounds like a fairly typical motivation for any action hero to pick up his weapon and sally-forth. But 'Atlantis - Legend of the Mermaids' isn't your typical beat'em-up from developer Hiray Information and while your everyday-joe may be on a heroic quest, his motivations aren't entirely pure and you'll have to wade through fish-guts and other unmentionables on your epic journey.
Atlantis uses twin-stick shooter controls to move around the horizontal scrolling levels, allowing you to float around with ease and shoot enemies as they spawn. And boy-howdy do they quickly spawn. Upgrading your weapons is a matter of fine balance, with upgrades helping you to stay on top of the game's horde of fish-monsters, but if you're too hasty to pick up that super weapon ammunition supplies will deplete faster than you can buy it.
The artwork is a fairly colorful and quirky style of hand-drawn 2D sprites with a few special effects added in to the mix. There is a bit of gore to worry about, with monsters exploding in a visceral way and a few other gross objects making an appearance, but overall it's a fairly standard cartoonish level of violence.
Atlantis is an interesting mix of gameplay, merging twin-stick controls with a beat'em-up style and even a few upgrades to round up the collection. It's a hard game to recommend with its somewhat immature themes, but casual gamers after a new experience might get a kick out a few laughs.
DescriptionFREE for limited time. Get it before too late!
Atlantis…. So many people have been trying to find this place… Find yourself in the mystical world of marine creatures with the mission to save sassy mermaids from dreadful monsters!
You’re just an ordinary guy working in the office and receiving tons of emails every day. Pretty boring, huh? But all of a sudden, you get a secret email from a remote location which turns out to be to be the ruins of Atlantis: mermaids are asking for help! Being a true man not lacking adventure spirit and curiosity you give everything up and decide to travel half the world to make sure that this place full of sexy mermaids really exists.
Put a hero suit on, grab some Hi-Tech weapons and dive into a breath-taking underwater journey. Check secret caves on your way to get upgrades and purchase weapons or med kits. Get rewards from characters on the surface, take a breath, stay in a safe zone and go back to a fierce battle to rescue helpless beauties from the jaws of terrible monsters!!
• Intuitive interface and easy controls
• Story mode and hardcore survival mode for real daredevils!
• Tons of different weapons to choose from including special weapons
• Hidden treasures
• Morning, noon, evening and midnight battles
• 5 stages 4 levels each
• Tower Defense liked Bonus Stages
• A dreadful Boss thirsts after your blood at the end of each stage!
• Hours of fun and amusing gameplay, you won’t be able to stop till you defeat all the monsters detaining your mermaids!
What's New in Version 2.0.1MAJOR UPDATE !!!!
- Additional 2 HEROS
- Additional Bonus Items
- Additional Bonus Stage (in Tower Defense style) after the Boss Level. You will get an attractive reward if you can pass it.
- Additional 3 types of Monster
- Improved control, and silky smooth now
- Enhanced animations
- Added the concept of Credit which allow you to continue the level after death. The numbers of credit can be configured in the Setting
- OpenFeint Support
- iOS 4 Support
Thanks for the support and we are committed to make the game better.
- Bug fix especically on OS 3.x