Blockade - Interstellar Cargo Transport And Navigation Review
- Line drawing gameplay plus deadly obstacles.
- Eight levels with a unique storyline.
- Distract cops while speeding on by.
- Full vessels hard to identify.
Blockade goes out of its way to try to add something unique to the line drawing genre and while it's not entirely successful, it's still a challenging new entry that fans can enjoy.
- Full Review
- App Store Info
Becoming proficient at a line drawing game can be incredibly difficult, but with so many to choose from it's fast becoming a skill that just about everyone has had a chance to master. Blockade by One Day Beard sets out to change the rules, throwing all kinds of obstacles at the player, challenging them to rise above the pack and get their passengers to their final destination - Angelhill.
Those familiar with other line drawing games like Flight Control will have no trouble jumping in and managing their fleets early on. Each ship will need to be fueled up at various stations before making the final run for a jump-gate. In the process players will need to avoid ships warping in; evade galactic police arresting passengers; and avoid the occasional hazardous weapon or malfunctioning station.
Levels will unlock after rescuing a set number of ships on the previous level, giving you access to a total of eight missions in the storyline. This is no easy task as each successive level significantly ramps up the challenge, but with practice (and a bit of luck) you'll be on your way to Angelhill. The artwork for the backgrounds and stations are beautiful, however keeping track of vessels that are full can be extremely difficult and avoiding warp-in collisions can be hard for slower ships.
Blockade is a challenging new entry for line drawing titles and genre fans will definitely not be disappointed.
DescriptionThe mighty crime Syndicate needs a navigator to manage ships transporting cargo and passengers in the quarantined Angelhill sector, and you're it!
Space ship captains will rely on you to safely guide their ships in and out of the sector.
Load the ships. Leave the area through a jump gate. It's simple.
Or is it? Watch out for cops, mines, asteroids, malfunctioning equipment and secret weapons!
"Blockade is a challenging new entry for line drawing titles and genre fans will definitely not be disappointed." - AppSpy.com
"highly recommended" and "definitely ‘slappy‘" - AppSlappy podcast
For fans of line drawing and time management games or space and science fiction: Blockade is here to redefine the genre and blow your mind, with stunning graphics and brilliant gameplay dynamics.
- Defy the Blockade by Galactic Authorities: Join the fight for freedom - or for profit and glory!
- Rise to the challenge: Unlock new missions by securing shipments
- Escape the law: Police will try to stop your ships and take your cargo...
- Think about the economy: Ships are valuable. Do not crash!
- Avoid obstacles: Secret Weapons, Mines, Asteroids
- Overcome your limitations: Fight time and stress! Become the best Navigator!
- Play it again: 8 unique missions ensure countless hours of gameplay
- Be there: Immerse yourself in the game thanks to beautiful space environments and perfectly suited music.
- Engaging storyline
- 8 missions
* Escape From F00
* Close To Home
* The Weapon
* The Long Haul
* Central Command
- Immersive space environments and music
- Mesmerizing special effects
- Unique ship designs
- Smooth gameplay
- Autosave -> Game saves if you receive a call, or just want to check your e-mail
- Fast-forward button -> Warp time, if you are that good!
- Compete with other Navigators with AGON Online Leaderboards
- Unlock 18 Awards!