The Gravedigger Review
- Publisher: Behold Studios Jogos Eletronicos LTDA ME
- Genre: Action
- Released: 5 Jul, 2010
- Size: 27.3 MB
- Price: FREE!
- Two unique, balanced factions (human and zombie).
- Easy to use controls.
- Basic upgrade system.
- AI can 'lock up' at times.
- Unit pathing can be unpredictable.
The Gravedigger is a seriously fun RTS concept with factions that have genuinely unique strategies to explore, but it's all too easy to lose interest after smashing the AI several times in a row.
- Full Review
- App Store Info
Its been said before on AppSpy, but nailing that true real-time strategy (RTS) feel doesn't seem to be easy for portable devices. The Gravedigger by Behold Studios takes yet another approach to the genre pitting Humans and Zombies against each other in a charmingly simplistic new game.
After selecting your allegiance with either the 'Gravedigger' or the 'Priest' you're launched in to a short 8 mission set of tutorial missions that slowly teach you how to control and maintain your armies. Individual units can be selected by tapping, while groups can be selected with an expanded pinch. There's no grouping, but most conflicts tend to be a matter of massing units for the slaughter. Souls are earned for dispatching enemies or finding specific items and can be used to upgrade units to new weapons or zombie-types.
The Gravedigger has a fun cartoonish style with super-deformed humanoids that look positively hilarious as humans and zombies alike. Sadly, once you've completed the campaign missions all that's left is a Skirmish mode versus the computer AI and after a couple games it's hard to pick it up again as there's little strategic variation required once you've amassed the largest army.
Thankfully each side does play uniquely and are fun to use correctly, but The Gravedigger really could have used a multiplayer mode to make the most of its balanced factions for more longevity. Definitely a fun RTS concept for genre fans, but too short to really enjoy.
Description*** NEW 1.1.1 VERSION WITH LOW, LOW PRICE! ***
Finally an RTS — real-time strategy — game where you control an army of zombies or humans!
Create your strategies to destroy the opposing team. Use your resources to upgrade your units to stronger and more powerful minions. Don't let your enemy grab the power-ups before you!
* Two exclusive teams with different units and upgrades.
* Unique experience everytime you play with dynamically generated maps.
* You create and decide your own strategies.
* Innovative zoom-in and out replaces the old fashioned minimap.
* Play through 28 challenging levels in campaign mode.
* Skirmish mode for an intense experience.
* Survival endless mode for your blood lust!
* Distinct soundtrack to increase the game mood.
* Exciting new levels!
* Awesome Multiplayer mode on local network.
* Lite version.
Gameplay trailer available at http://www.thegravediggergame.com
What's New in Version 1.1.1- 12 exciting new levels!
- New survival game mode.
- Finally, kills highscore for your blood lust!
- A lot more control over your army and units.
- More challenging A.I.
- New and improved menu interface.
- More responsive input!
- Double-tap to move option.
- Bug fixes.
- More bug fixes.