Doodle God™ Review
- Beautiful, simple art style.
- Clever matching logic with multiple progression paths.
- Expect plenty of future updates.
- Ultimately repetitive in gameplay.
JoyBits have nailed time-wasting to a fine art with Doodle God and with more updates planned you can expect to get great value and fun for your money.
- Full Review
- App Store Info
In a way, it's hard to call Doodle God a game. No wait, before you lynch me hear me out: All you do is click and combine things without a story to guide you, only a loose motivation to 'find them all'... So then why is it so darn addictive? Doodle God by JoyBits goes beyond its simple gameplay by cleverly mapping out connections that are logical and at times amusing to discover, making this an addictive and eventually a complex time waster.
While I've already discussed the basic premise, the system of selection is clever, with categories full of items you've unlocked sliding to either side of the screen after touching to assist in creating new combinations. One could simply play a game of elimination, keeping track of all the new items created and smashing them in to others, but eventually the list of items (or 'elements' as they're called) reaches such a large number that testing each one becomes laborious and self-defeating.
In order to prevent repeating past combinations, a list of matches made can be accessed from the menu at the bottom along with a 'hint' button that regenerates over time. Hints come in the form of either suggesting two categories or showing the end result.
There's a unique form of logic to learn and explore with Doodle God and the first two episodes are only the beginning with the developer claiming a rather long and large series of updates for the future. Be prepared to lose an afternoon with this game, it's just that powerful.
DescriptionOver 150 Million Players Worldwide!
NEW Planet Mode & NEW Content!
Watch Your World Come Alive as You Play!
NOW Available in 13 Languages
BE A GOD AND CREATE A NEW UNIVERSE
In this addictive, ALL ages, puzzle game mix and match different combinations of fire, earth, wind and air to create an entire universe! As you create each element watch your world come alive as each element animates on your planet. The new “Planet” mode offers a new challenging way to create a universe of your dreams.
Of course the universe was not created in a day. You’ll have to work your up from a simple microorganism to create animals, tools, storms and even build armies before you have what it takes to build the universe! But beware, the power of creation may have unintended consequences, inventing the wheel might just trigger a zombie plague… Don’t worry, you are not alone on this cosmic journey! Every time you successfully create a new item you’ll be rewarded with the wit and wisdom of some of the greatest philosophers and comedians of all time. Unleash your inner god with Doodle God™!
NEW GAMEPLAY FEATURES
- Now available in 13 languages: English, Dutch, French, Spain, Italian, Russian, Japanese, Chinese, Korean, Portuguese, Swedish, Polish & German.
- NEW Visual “Planet” Mode allows players to see their planet come alive as you play.
- NEW “Mission” Mode offers new challenging puzzles
-New Artifacts Mode: Collect ancient artifacts like Stonehenge created by amazing triple reactions.
- Mold fire, wind, earth and air to create the Universe.
- Create 300+ advanced items and concepts.
- Intuitive one-click game play encourages thoughtful, creative play
- Hundreds of interesting, funny and thought-provoking quotes and sayings.
- New “Puzzle” mode.
Create locomotives, sky scrappers and more
- New “Quests” mode. Can you save the Princess or escape a Desert Island?
- New reactions with existing elements and episodes.
- New achievements.
- New Elements encyclopedia with wikipedia links.
- Improved mini-games for arcade fans.
CRITICS LOVE IT!
>Apple REWIND AWARD
>“Wonderfully unique concept. Deeply satisfying!” – GameZebo
>“Giving it huge thumbs up!" - TUAW
>“It’s addictive. Insanely so! Lots of fun.” – 148Apps
>“Discovering each new element was an utter delight."
>"You'll have to use your creativity…ruthlessly addictive." -
>"I would recommend buying it, definitely worth it!” -
Follow us to get early access to exclusive content, price drops and updates:
Check out our other exciting games! Doodle Devil™ & Doodle Farm™
What's New in Version 3.0.1- Fixed iPhone 6 Plus compatibility issue
- New “Planet” Mode allows players to see their planet come alive as you play.
- New “Mission” Mode offers new challenging puzzles
- New "Artifacts" Mode: Collect ancient artifacts like Stonehenge created by amazing triple reaction