Zombie Wonderland Review
- Zombified action-management gameplay.
- Cute Minigore inspired visuals and smooth 3D designs.
- Classic sci-fi background muzak.
- Repetitive early levels. Takes time to reach the meat of the gameplay.
If you're after a slightly different take on management games with a castle-defense style twist, then Zombie Wonderland might be worth investigating though it does take time to truly warm up.
- Full Review
- App Store Info
You may be starting to tire of zombie-based titles, but think about the poor game-land inhabitants that have to deal with them every day. In Zombie Wonderland by Chillingo you'll have to fend off the shuffling plague as you lend your help to your friends and family to keep their buildings perfectly clean from the putrid green goo they leave in their wake.
Despite what looks like a fairly typical defense-slash-action title, Zombie Wonderland plays more like a management game 'with zombies'. Each building you set yourself to defending consists of various windows for zombies to climb through. As you progress you'll gain the ability to board up or even set an automated turret to make managing the incoming tide easier. Your aim is to ensure that your building is as clean as possible, while of course not dying in the process. Various tasks can be sped up through gestures, though upgrades that are earned through progression also help immensely.
The game's 3D visuals are something you'd almost expect to see in a Sims-style of game while the game's hero and enemies have a Minigore-inspired simplicity to their designs. Zombie Wonderland is slow to progress through and each new area does add more of a challenge, however things don't truly feel like they kick off till you've unlocked most of the upgrades.
Despite the slow start, things do get slowly addictive, but it can be hard to reach that point while slugging through earlier levels. A fun title if you can stick at it.
DescriptionLoad up your weapons, grab your mop and prepare to blast the zombie pests clean out of town!
The simple townsfolk of Niceville need a Zombie Cleaner to deal with their messy infestation, and it’s Chuck’s job to keep the client’s homes clean of mumbling zombies! Blast away at the undead hordes with your trusty shotgun, Betsy.
If they get inside, don't forget to clean up the zombie guts with your mop when you are done shooting!
Keep them at bay in this frantic action game until the zombie rooster crows at 06:00 am - when the zombies go back to their beauty sleep in the cemetery!
Zombie Wonderland highlights:
• Insane action will keep you awake until the job gets done.
• Story and Survival game modes! Try and last the night of increasing terror.
• Help Chuck fight off several undead types and keep the client’s homes squeaky clean.
• Weapons upgrades, mount up an auto-firing machine gun while you splat the zombies with super-slug bullets.
• Upgrade your cleaning tools, from a humble mop to a Gutvac super vacuum for those hard to remove gut stains.
• The Wicked Spirits are always changing the pace of the game, so you never know what’s happening next.
For more information or support, please visit www.chillingo.com
What's New in Version 1.3• Improved performance on 2g and 3g devices
• New animations
• New icon