Rocket Racing League Review
- Fast-paced rocket-fueled racing. Four race-modes with a unique style. Largely customizable vehicles. Direct in-game community interaction.
- Advanced maneuvers feel awkward regardless of control scheme.
- Waypoint arrows can give erroneous directions.
Rocket Racing League for the App Store makes the dreams of the real Rocket Racing League almost palpably real and is a treat for racing and flight-sim fans alike.
- Full Review
- App Store Info
Think of Rocket Racing League for the iPhone as a test-bed that aims to show just what the near future could hold as sci-fi is made real thanks to Rocket Racing. Despite hiccups in getting the real Rocket Racing League off the ground, you'll have the opportunity to fly a modern Mark-III and futuristic Mark-V X-Racer as you participate in this virtual competition.
You'll have the option of choosing between tilt or analogue controls for maneuvering your X-Racer, but both will take considerable amount of time to master as this rocket-powered vehicle has its own unique traits to master. For those who find the controls to be too Arcade-y an advanced control mode can be selected, adding the ability to stall your vehicle and an advanced physics engine to add stronger gravity and air-resistance.
Rocket Racing goes for a realistic style for the visuals, with each area being tailored to show off the speed and maneuverability of their X-Racers. Occasional lower quality environment textures do break the illusion at times, however each area is large enough to be considered a real playground for your rocket-powered vehicle. Multiplayer modes are also available for up to four players on a local Wifi or Bluetooth connection.
While it would be wonderful to witness true professionals plying their craft in a real X-Racer, Rocket Racing League does a great job of making the future of racing almost a reality and is a real challenge for racing and flight-sim fans alike.
Description"Challenging, fast paced, and wonderfully visual, Rocket Racing League is an entertaining mobile adaptation of the real life competitions (which I never knew existed until playing this)... Amidst an avalanche of racing titles in the iTunes Store, Rocket Racing League is one which is actually worth the price tag." - iPhone Gamer Blog
“For the flying and racing enthusiast, this is definitely a title worth checking out.” - app advice
"5/5-Great! - Rocket Racing League for the App Store makes the dreams of the real Rocket Racing League almost palpably real and is a treat for racing and flight-sim fans alike." - AppSpy
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
In Rocket Racing League you take control of a fully customizable Rocket Racer® aircraft and test your skills in single-player Career mode or head-to-head against your friends via LAN-based Wi-Fi or Bluetooth® Multiplayer.
Pilot your rocket-powered plane through floating 3D obstacle courses set in visually stunning environments including Lap Tracks, Drag Races, Arcade Tracks and Ground Races.
With a global leaderboard and full Facebook® Connect functionality you will be able to show off to friends and other competitive racers around the world. The game is based on the real-world Rocket Racing League!!
- Two Modes of Gameplay: Single and Multiplayer
* Single Player Options: Training; Career; Beat the Best
* Multiplayer: 1-4 players via Local Wi-Fi and Bluetooth®
- Real Time Scoring/Timing and Rankings
- Four Race Types: Lap, Drag, Arcade, Ground
- Seven Track Locations: Nevada Canyon, California Coast, City, Tropical Island, Space, Colorado Mountains and Future World.
- Instant Replay: User can toggle between six different camera views
- Leaderboards, Facebook® Connect (Full list displayed at RRLgames.com and individual posts on Facebook)
- Unique, Customizable Rocket Racer® Aircraft
- Control System: Accelerometer or Virtual Joypad
- Unique User Interface: Allows direct connection to the RRL mini-feed for news, updates and two-way interaction