Carnivores: Dinosaur Hunter Pro Review
- Huge varied environments with unique fauna.
- Realistic AI that responds to various stimuli.
- Smooth FPS-style controls.
- Headphones a must for the detailed audio-scape.
- Limited audience appeal - despite hunting dinosaurs, this does have a distinctly realistic 'hunting' feel.
For some, Carnivores: Dinosaur Hunter may be a hard game to appreciate thanks to just how realistic the experience can feel, however this is without a doubt a must have for hunting enthusiasts and fans of open-ended titles.
- Full Review
- App Store Info
The scope and size of 'Carnivores: Dinosaur Hunter' is almost difficult to truly take in on your first attempt to play this sci-fi hunting simulator by Tatem Games. This isn't an action-filled FPS and you'll need patience, skill and the steel will of a hunter to truly appreciate this mammoth title.
The game's basic controls are relatively standard for an FPS, however instead of the usual health-gauge, ammo indicator or rack of guns the interface is streamlined to provide you with all the tools you'll need to bag and tag your targets. The only major switch from most shooters is the dedicated firing mode that puts you behind the iron-sights and places your firing button high up on the side of the screen. There's no jumping, which can cause troubles in some environments, but in most cases you should be able to maneuver out of situations that would otherwise leave the player 'stuck'.
Visuals for the environment have suffered dramatically, with bland and poorly shaded textures in most areas, however the trade-off is more than worthwhile when you consider the sheer scope of the island you're playing on. Each AI creature features unique traits and behave intelligently, responding to noises you make and even your scent or the time of day.
However, it's hard to truly appreciate Dinosaur Hunter without already being keen on the sport due to the game's realistic simulation. For hunting fans this is an amazingly detailed title that's a true must-have, but casual gamers should take more care in considering this title.
DescriptionThe only game which lets you see amazing meat-eating dinosaurs in action and challenge them for ultimate survival!
Carnivores: Dinosaur Hunter is a hunting simulation that is completely true to life and totally breathtaking. You land on a distant planet inhabited by dinosaurs and progress from a shy wildlife observer to a stealthy and ruthless T-Rex hunter. All dinosaurs are in full 3D complete with their terrifying roars!
• Select from 7 huge 3D environments
• Chose time of day (night vision on!)
• Fill the area with dinosaurs to your liking and skills
• Equip with camouflage, cover scent or radar
• Pick a weapon and hunt or take a camera and observe
• Store your prey in real-size trophy room
• Go green and use tranquilizer instead of bullets
• Read tips and tricks for every dinosaur in ‘Dinopedia’
To anyone who played Carnivores on PC, guaranteed hours of nostalgia!
There are 22 dinosaur now and more are coming!
The game is compatible with Fling controller.
Become a fan of Carnivores on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/carnivores
Thank you for playing our games! Stay in touch for news and updates:
Thank you for playing our games. We read all of your comments and do our best to make the game better. Keep going!
What's New in Version 1.5.0NEW DINOSAUR:
- welcome quick as a lightning Coelophysis!
Big fix for collisions
Other minor improvements