Hero of Sparta II Review
- Smooth combat controls.
- 12 action filled levels with upgrades to explore.
- Crisp graphics with Retina support.
- Fixed camera can occasionally cause control glitches.
- Was there a director for the voice acting?
Hero of Sparta II is an easy sell for fans of the original, but it's still a fairly mindless action-slashing experience.
- Full Review
- App Store Info
No, it's not just you. I've got an overwhelming sense that I've been here before too, but if it has to be said Hero of Sparta II (HoS2) by Gameloft has kept it's standards high and in this latest installment in the saga of Argos you'll go head to head against, well, just about everything that moves.
However before you get to chopping the obligatory horde of undead and mythical creatures, you'll have to brace yourself for some mighty fine examples of how voice acting shouldn't be done. Shortly thereafter you'll find yourself casually striding your way through wave after wave of soldiers, cutting through mythical creatures like it was a hobby and learning how to manipulate creatures by sticking a sword in their spine. Despite a few hiccups due to sudden camera changes, the virtual stick controls are smooth and pulling off long combos is extremely simple thanks to an intuitive system that allows players to activate special abilities by swiping or holding the attack button.
Playing HoS2 on a Retina display is a real treat as the crisp, vibrant textures just explode off the screen. Unfortunately the 3D models are still simplistic and this can be off-putting, resulting in some of the game's larger creatures coming off as humorous rather than epic.
Fans of the original have something special to look forward to with Hero of Sparta II and with 12 action packed levels to complete you'll be kept busy for some time. Definitely worth checking out if you're an action fan.
DescriptionArgos is finally back! The popular Spartan saga continues on iPhone, following the huge success of its revolutionnary first opus: Winner of IGN 2008’s “Best Action Game” and “Best Graphics Technology” Award, “A Nintendo DS or Sony PSP-quality title on the iPhone” (iLounge).
Sailing back from Hell after many battles, Argos finally reaches the shores of his homeland: Sparta. But no human leaves Hades' kingdom alive without consequences. A new odyssey begins for our hero - a journey that will force him face the gods, his fate and his own choices to answer for his arrogance!
THE NEXT-GEN ACTION GAME ON iPhone & iPod touch
A thrilling, non-stop hack’n’slash game jam-packed with action and innovation.
- Furious combat against even more colossal enemies: more combos, more violence!
- Hold your breath all along your adventure: each level provides the player a new experience – a new weapon, a new gameplay, a new power and more.
- Improved interaction with the environment: break gates, climb cliffs, ruin temples and force your way through all obstacles!
OPTIMIZED CONTROL SCHEME FOR INTENSE ACTION
- Advanced action virtual pad: don’t just tap the screen - actually aim your attacks!
- New 360° jump control offering more freedom and enhanced platforming gameplay: jump anywhere, even during fights to perform air combos.
A NEW ADVENTURE, A NEW GRAPHICAL REVOLUTION
- 12 levels to explore, set up in 8 new majestic environments: from Sparta to the depths and heights of Earth.
- Unique and exclusive 3GS graphics providing additional 3D, light and relief effects.
WRITE A NEW PAGE OF ARGOS' LEGEND
- New powers & new weapons: only the best gear will give you a chance to survive the challenges ahead.
- Fight and kill the mythical foes that dare cross your path. But be warned: stronger enemies will always be lurking.
- Only the bravest warriors are worthy of entering the Arena. Will you be good enough to face the ultimate challenge?
***** Game Hunter Challenge:
Tweet: I found a new @Gameloft Game! Hero of Sparta II: http://j.mp/d4arWY #GameHunter202 Join the hunt: http://j.mp/aGk2Jx and follow @Gameloft!
What's this? http://j.mp/aGk2Jx
Visit us on www.heroofsparta.com or http://twitter.com/HeroofSparta!
Follow Gameloft on Twitter to get more info about all our upcoming titles at http://twitter.com/gameloft or read our official blog at http://blog.gameloft.com/
Certain apps allow you to purchase virtual items within the app and may contain third party advertisements that may redirect you to a third party site.