- Publisher: PressOK Entertainment
- Genre: Entertainment
- Released: 29 Jul, 2010
- Size: 18.6 MB
- Price: $0.99
- Challenging line-drawing, gem-matching gameplay.
- 18 stages and endless modes to unlock.
- Intense colorful visuals.
- BTW what's with the Yabba Dabba Doo?
- Some levels will test your patience.
- Ohhhh... FLINTstones... riiiight.
You'll need your quick-thinking strategy hat on when playing Flipstones, so it can get intense at times, but it's still a strangely addictive challenge none the less.
- Full Review
- App Store Info
PressOK Entertainment have gone mad with power and have dared to try and combine line drawing and three match games in to a hideous Frankenstein-like monstrosity in Flipstones! Or I WOULD call them insane, if it didn't work so well. Over the course of 18 stages you'll learn how to master the Flipstone's, harvesting their powers to create combos and complete over 80 different challenges.
Your goal is to match groups of 4 or 6 Flipstone gems of the same color to form large triangles and hexagons, unleashing unique powers depending on the gems you match. The gems are randomly scattered around a triangle patterned grid and can be shifted by drawing a path to their new location. This sounds easier than it is as later levels quickly introduce fast-spawning gems that need to be controlled by clever use of explosions, acid and even slowing down the game's timer.
The greatest challenge to overcome in Flipstones is learning to quickly see the best possible matches as the first available match often isn't the one you should be making. This adds a level of strategy to the gameplay which would be appreciated more if some levels weren't so unforgivably intense. Thankfully, while you're getting your arse kicked you can enjoy the juicy visuals, complete with shiny colorful gems that sparkle and shimmer as they roll.
While the small variations in challenges keeps things fresh, repeating levels you've failed can get tiresome. Still, Flipstones is worth checking out and is a refreshing new title for arcade puzzle fans to enjoy.
DescriptionFlipstones has been totally redesigned, improved, and is officially: AWESOME.
Flipstones is line-drawing puzzle madness that has you racing to build and destroy stones in various game modes.
- Challenge Mode: Play 80+ levels with varying degrees of difficulty and, shocker, challenge!
- Frenzy Mode: Race against the clock to destroy as many stones as possible, either in a Tournament against Friends & Neighbors, or by yourself!
For those of you new to Flipstones, and why would you be reading this otherwise, here’s the deal:
- Tap a stone and draw a line to its destination to create shapes of different sizes and colors, DESTROY them and take advantage of their unique effects. Some stones fly, some speed up play, some explode, some even sing songs (ok that's a lie) and they are all flippin' amazing!
If you get Flipstones 2 and don't think it's everything you've ever wanted in a game…or you fall head over heels for it like we have, you can let us know by contacting us at any of the below.
Go on, get flippin'!
For more information about PlacePlay please visit: www.placeplay.com
What's New in Version 3.0.2- Flipstones now includes FRIENDS TOURNAMENTS. Invite your friends and play in weekly competitions to see who's best!
- Bug Fixes
- Removed Boosts from Tournaments to make competition fair for everyone