Aqua Moto Racing 2 Review
- Juicy physics that slap, roll and drag you along.
- Vibrant locations.
- Tonnes of courses and championships to master.
- No multiplayer.
If you're after a new racing title that doesn't involve four wheels, then you'd best grab Aqua Moto Racing 2 now.
- Full Review
- App Store Info
Resolution Interactive are no stranger to racing titles, but Aqua Moto Racing 2 has upped the ante and fans of jet-ski racers need look no further than this excellent example of fun, adrenaline pumping aquatic mayhem.
Players can choose from four basic control options, maneuvering their jet-ski via touch or tilt and selecting between auto and manual acceleration. No matter which option you stick with, the feel of racing your jet-ski is amazing, with weighty physics that slip and drag perfectly while cruising over rolling waves. Your turbo boost will slowly charge depending on how closely you pass buoys and bonus points are awarded for performing stunts which can be quickly selected during a brief slow-mo after each jump.
The graphics are truly something to behold, with constantly rolling waves and crisp textures that make this feel like a modern take on the classic 'Wave Racer 64'. There are 48 courses to run through, though this is somewhat bulked up by the mirror races. Still, players will get to compete in 14 Championships while earning points to purchase new jet-skis.
If there's anything to complain about with Aqua Moto Racing 2, it's the lack of multiplayer, but with social features in place you'll still have a chance to compete against other players around the world for high-scores and lap times. An excellent summer title for all fans of racing titles.
DescriptionDohi Entertainment is proud to present the sequel to it's widely popular and critically acclaimed Aqua Moto Racing.
Aqua Moto Racing 2 offers great water racing with some of the best graphics seen on the iPhone platform. With state of the art wave physics this game truly has to be seen to be believed.
Race in exotic world locations with amazing details set in the Tropics, Greece and Egypt. Start earning cash by participating in races and winning Championships and spend them on better JetSkis. Unlock new Championhips and Achievements on your quest for Legendary Status.
Perform insane Stunts and round buoys to charge your Turbo to get the edge against your Opponents. Level up your Rider to a higher Rank by beating set target times and unlocking Medals and winning Championships. Connect to OpenFeint to challenge and compare your race results with friends all over the world.
Get Ready For The Splashdown Of Your Life!
- Next-Gen Graphics with Dynamic Waves
- Enjoy an Epic Career with 14 Championships
- 6 Exotic Locations with different daylight
- 48 challenging Courses
- Perform gut-wrenching Stunts
- Beat Target Times and unlock Medals
- Collect Race Bonuses to buy new JetSkis
- 10 Ranks for Rider to Level Up
- 12 unique JetSkis
- 25 Achievements
- OpenFeint Leaderboards
- OpenFeint Challenges
AppSmile: "Whether you were a fan of the first Aqua Moto Racing game or not, this game’s beautiful graphics, amazing controls, and competitive nature will leave you soaked and wanting more."
PocketGamer: "Pumped and packed with action" - "Water here is a wild, untamed beast, feeling realistically fluid"
iLounge: "Aqua Moto Racing 2 comes closer to Wave Race 64 than most of the clones that have appeared over the years, and that’s really saying something."
AppSpy: "Aqua Moto Racing 2 has upped the ante and fans of jet-ski racers need look no further than this excellent example of fun, adrenaline pumping aquatic mayhem."
CNET: "Aqua Moto Racing 2 will appeal to anyone who likes unique racing games." - "Am I crazy to say Aqua Moto Racing could ever touch the likes of Wave Race 64?"
AppAdvice: "What I love about this app is the actual gameplay: racing over waves, launching over ramps, twisting around buoys – it’s extremely enjoyable" - "All in all, it’s a brilliant game."
Appmodo: "Aqua Moto Racing 2 is one app to grab!" - "The graphics and water motion are amazing and you can race over wakes & swells in an arcade style of racing."
Touch Arcade: "An Already Great Game Gets an Even Better Sequel" - "this sequel is getting even closer to Wave Race perfection"
Follow us on Facebook
Support, Promo Codes, Press Releases and Game Updates
For all our games, see:
What's New in Version 126.96.36.199.3
- Improved performance on iPad 1.
- Improvements to GameCenter.
- Fix for issue when clicking the "rate this app" dialog.
- Fix for issue when entering name in options.
- Fixed a crash that, occurred for some users, when returning to the game after having resigned it to the background.
We're bringing you a major update packed with improvements.
- Improved water rendering.
- Full BladePad support with info-view to show key-bindings.
- GameCenter support, replacing the old profile system.
- Improved iTunes music playback. In-game button access to the library replaced in favor of relying on the native music player. Giving support to more music systems than iTunes.
- Now supports retina iPad correctly.
- Camera no longer goes below the water surface.
- Buoy colors are now rendered correctly in mirrored mode.
- New fancy app icon
- Fixed several issues related to stability and performance.
Thanks to all our fans who encourage us with five star ratings! Keep
it up and we'll keep the updates coming.