True Skate Review
- Incredibly intuitive flick and hold system; every swipe and tap will twist and turn the board, making it easy to pull off some crazy tricks.
- 'Missions' provide a decent tutorial, running through basic concepts and building your confidence.
- While almost the perfect skate-park, variety is the spice of life; new locations would encourage exploration and experimentation.
- Limited mission system; largely a series of follow-the-leader exercises.
True Skate walks a thin line between simulation and sandbox, producing a very realistic skating title, but falling short of providing players with decent objectives outside of 'mucking about'.
- Full Review
- App Store Info
Tony Hawk Pro Skating allowed me to vicariously live out my enjoyment of skateboarding without the need to go outside and get hot and sweaty during the Summer months. However, Tony Hawk and its ilk had no problem with throwing reality out the window. This may make for a good game, but there's nothing wrong with wanting to flex your skills by trying your hand at something challenging; something realistic.
True Skate by True Axis adds itself to the relatively short list of games that seek to inject a modicum of reality in the sports they portray, utilizing an intuitive swipe system to flick the board in to the air and move it around. Trying to pull off specific maneuvers could have been tricky if not for the somewhat 'floatier' physics, meaning players are encouraged to take their time when approaching each obstacle and nailing that Darkside grind with a Kick Flip finish.
The park itself isn't huge, but gorgeously rendered and packed to the gills with all manner of ramps, rails, bowls and hills to ride over. A built-in 'mission' system acts as a sort of tutorial, introducing you to most of the areas by making you 'follow' their lead.
Unfortunately once you're done with the missions you're left with nothing but the sandbox mode and some achievements to complete to keep you entertained. Coming up with your best scoring trick can make for a fun exercise, but the lack of exploration and varied objectives leaves the game feeling more like a toy after a short playthrough.
Don't let that dissuade you though - if you love skating and want something that approaches the sport with a sense of realism, this is for you.
DescriptionThe most authentic skateboarding game ever.
Touch Arcade review - 4.5/5 - "True skate is clearly something special"
The Official Street League Skateboarding Mobile Game.
#1 game in 80 countries. Loved by skaters all over the world.
Note: True Skate comes with a single skate park and contains additional content only available by In-App purchase. See below.
- Realistic touch based physics.
- Flick the board to make it react exactly how you would expect.
- Drag your finger on the ground to push.
- A beautiful skate park to get lost in including ledges, stairs, grind rails plus a bowl, half pipe and quarter pipes. (Additional skate parks are now available as an In-App Purchase)
- Smooth graphics.
- Slow motion.
- User challenges
- Replay sharing
- Global leaderboards.
Available by IN-APP PURCHASE only:
- Additional skateparks and locations.
- Street League Skateboarding courses.
Optional IN-APP PURCHASES: (The same content is also available for free by spending True Credits earned by doing tricks and finishing missions)
- Unlock all missions.
- Unlimited slow motion.
- Unlimited board image changes.
- Unlimited wheel color changes.
- Unlock lists.
50 50 grind, 5 0 grind, boardslide, rail slide, tail slide, nose slide, darkslide, dark 50 50, suski grind, smith grind, feeble grind, salad grind, nose grind, crooked grind, lazy grind, overcrook, losi grind, bluntslide, noseblunt, kickflip, heelflip, pop shove-it, 360 pop shove-it, backside 180, frontside 180, ollie, nollie, impossible, hard flip, 360 hard flip, inward heelflip,360 inward heelflip, varial kickflip, nightmare flip, 360 flip, varial heelflip, laser flip, late tricks and more, or what ever else you can make the board do.
What's New in Version 1.3.10- New course: SLS 2014 Los Angeles
- Fixed ollie/shovit/nollie swipe accuracy issues in last update
- New camera angles
- Remember last park played and camera angle.
- More spin cam button position options.
- Varioius fixes.