Master of Alchemy Review
- Intriguing alchemical physics gameplay.
- Smooth, sharp graphics and particle animations.
- Sixty levels and six characters to play.
- Cumbersome placement controls.
Master of Alchemy was beautiful on the iPad and its jump to the iPhone is no less breathtaking and fascinating to play.
- Full Review
- App Store Info
Fans of physics based puzzlers are in for a treat as Master of Alchemy by DarkWave Studios and Chillingo has made the jump from the iPad to the iPhone, bringing its own unique brand of particle based physics and complex puzzles for you to solve on the run.
I've often had a lot of bad luck with the controls to these sorts of games and Master of Alchemy is no exception, with the menus and placement of objects being too slow and cumbersome to accurately place objects and gain high scores early on. Thankfully the game is lenient and doesn't expect perfect runs, content for players to solve the puzzles before attempting gold scores. As you progress through the sixty available levels you will need to master the art of transforming colored particles between solid, liquid and gaseous states, breaking down walls and mixing them where required to reach your targets.
Master of Alchemy is simply amazing to view on Retina displays, but gameplay is still smooth no matter which device you play on. There's a rather surprising amount of in-depth story to follow, with six characters to choose from, but this is merely icing on the cake as the gameplay is intriguing enough to keep you playing without a story.
With multiple solutions, bonuses and awards spread out over sixty levels, Master of Alchemy is not only a great game, but great value as well. Fans of puzzle titles should definitely check this game out.
DescriptionWhat if you could transform lead into gold? Or distil the essence of life itself? The possibilities of Alchemy are limitless, but now it is under threat. In this remarkable and revolutionary puzzle game, take on the Mechanologists in your bid to restore Alchemy to supremacy. Use over 20 different abilities across 60 levels to transform solid, liquid and gaseous elements into magical new materials as you solve all of the ingenious puzzles!
Gameplay Video: http://bit.ly/moa-game
· 10/10 GamesUncovered – “Simply a fantastic puzzle game that is challenging, deep and graphically stunning. An absolute treasure. […]without a doubt one of the best iPad games yet.”
· 10/10 TouchMyApps – “If you love quality puzzle games and have been looking for new titles to keep your iPad company, you surely can’t go wrong with this unique and delightful puzzler.”
· 8,5/10 Destructoid – “While your typical iPad game looks great, ones this polished in both looks and gameplay are still few and far between. Recommended.”
· AppModo/iPadModo – “If you like strategy games, lots of replay value, and hours of entertainment, this is probably the title for you. […] the total game time definitely makes the price of purchase worth it.”
Also featured in the best iPad Games (based on the average review’s score) – http://www.igamestats.com/best-games/ipad/
Master of Alchemy’s game mechanics enable puzzle challenges and solutions like no other game. Transform elements using alchemy tools to make stunning discoveries and become the fabled Master of Alchemy ...
BEAUTIFUL, REALISTIC ENGINE
Master of Alchemy uses a custom-developed game engine with fully realistic particle physics and beautiful, high-resolution graphics designed to work specifically with the iPhone 4 retina display. The attention to detail and realism of the physical puzzle mechanics is astonishing, and the phenomenal music and sound effects mirror your actions as you concoct a new solution.
DEPTH AND BREADTH
Play through a fully-fleshed-out world of Alchemy, with over 60 levels, with 20 Alembics to use on multiple elements, three different states of matter, and many different types of obstacle to overcome. The gameplay is so varied that many puzzles have more than one solution, and with 6 different characters and a fascinating story, there’s many an hour of smart, brain-teasing entertainment to be had here.
RICH AND UNIQUE STORY
An epic tale surrounding a battle between the proponents of mechanical invention and those of alchemy, in which the secret to life itself hangs in the balance. In this vivid Steampunk setting, play as one of six different characters, evolving your skills as you progress through the game and battle Mechanologists every step of the way.
Master of Alchemy is a brand-new, and beautifully detailed high resolution gaming experience, with fully-integrated Crystal leaderboards, achievements and bonuses.
What's New in Version 1.1* Fixed the issue that was preventing some users to run the iPhone version of the game on their iPad.
* Now the delay of the sources is reset when you press "retry" from the pause menu.
* Slightly easier to get the Golden medal for Purity