Dark Nebula - Episode Two Review
- Ultra-smooth, accurate tilt-controls.
- More dynamic action than the original.
- Six beautiful environments mixed through 19 levels.
- Tilt-sensitivity options still not available.
Dark Nebula - Episode 2 has developed in just the right ways to recapture what made the original so successful while building in new, exciting action elements.
- Full Review
- App Store Info
'Dark Nebula - Episode 2' by 1337 Game Design is the latest in the Dark Nebula series to grace the App Store and fans of the original can expect bigger and better things from this self-proclaimed Labyrinth 'on steroids'.
Dark Nebula places you in control of an orb traveling through six different environments and 19 levels, tilting your way through dangerous trap filled zones and in a new twist you'll also be able to bring the fight to your enemies with a brand new combat system. The tilt-controls are extremely slick, with very light physics that give you full control over your orb whether it's flying at mach-speeds or thrown in to the air. This precision is especially handy when facing aggressive AI enemies and bosses, ducking in and out to score heavy hits.
Dark Nebula 2 steps up in the graphics department as well, with ultra-crisp environments and particle effects that make it easy to follow what's happening on screen even at high-speeds. One criticism of the first title was its incredibly short play-time and the sequel easily makes up for this with almost double the original levels and online scoreboards to compete in.
Dark Nebula - Episode 2 is exactly what the series needed, polishing the aspects that made the first so popular while giving the game a new dynamic with its slightly more aggressive tone. Fans of the original and those after an exciting tilt-controlled action title will definitely want to grab this game.
DescriptionIMPORTANT: If you should experience any trouble running this game, simply restart your device and then run the game again.
* The second highest rated application of 2010 according to Metacritic with an average of 93 out of 100
* Featured in the App store Hall of fame (Apple's own picks of the 50 best applications ever)
The best way to sum this game up is that it's like a labyrinth game but on steroids. Just tilt the device to move your character through the levels while avoiding traps, opening doors, bouncing, sliding and not falling off.
Designed by game industry veteran Anders Hejdenberg, lead designer of many world class games, including Battlefield 2: Modern Combat.
* Over 25 completely new enemies and obstacles.
* 19 action-packed levels that span across six different environments, from lush jungles to barren wastelands.
* Completely new combat system that enables you to fight enemies.
* Cinematic musical score.
* Global leaderboards and facebook integration.