Killing Zone Review
- Detailed pixel-art sprite designs.
- Tiered upgrade system and unlockable mechs.
- A variety of enemies to deal with.
- Little variation in missions objectives; kill'em all.
- Early balance problems; difficulty curve skewed due easy cash earning levels.
Killing Zone suffers for its early exploitable balance problems and stiff enemy AI, but it also provides a decent challenge and decent way to kill some time if you avoid this hole.
- Full Review
- App Store Info
Stop me if you've heard this one before: Zombies now roam the Earth; survivors need to be found and rescued; and you're their last hope with a handful of weapons and a handy-dandy UFO to escape their clutches.
Killing Zone by CB Project is a survival action title that pits you against several different scenario types, often requiring mass extermination of the zombie hordes out to kill you. As you earn cash you'll be able to unlock new weapons and upgrades along with a mech that you can pilot to dispense mayhem and destruction against these shambling foes. Movement around the screen is handled by a basic virtual stick, though shooting is limited to two directions which helps to simplify the action as you attempt to use weapons like a laser or a flamethrower to cause damage to multiple opponents.
Unfortunately the game can get repetitive quite early on thanks to poorly balanced scoring system that provides a few opportunities to 'max out' or at least trivialize the challenge early on. Once the dangling carrot of upgrades is no longer a concern, all you're left with is a fairly repetitive handful of modes to play through. The game itself also feature wonderfully amusing and detailed pixel-art, but the interface and English translations don't feature the same dedication, with the 'tutorial' merely pointing out interface features instead of the gameplay itself.
Killing Zone is an amusing action title, but a short lived experience once you unlock some of the game's more powerful weapons. If you're after something lighthearted and a bit mindless you can't go wrong here, but playing on Normal instead of Easy is recommended.
Killing Zone is a survival zombie themed game that you have to take on missions where you will need to kill, rescue, and protect.
You play as Special Ops Agent, Max Shields the world’s most fearless man in the world.
Kill as many zombies as possible with different types of weapons!
Protect and rescue the humans as you guide them into the spaceships headed towards Mars!
You are the human civilization’s last hope! It’s time to enter the Killing Zone!
- Non-Stop Zombie Killing Action with 4 different Missions;
Kill Zombies, Rescue People from Zombies, Defend your Spaceships from Zombies and Send the Zombies of the Hell!
- Many Different Types of Zombies to Kill and Different forms of Attacks
- Quick and Addicting Game Play with Clean Animation!
- There are 5 different weapons; Knife, Gun, Machine Gun, Flamethrower, Laser Gun.
- Upgrade Each Weapon up to 2 different Powerful Levels
- Upgrade to 4 Different Heavy Duty Machines to Maximize your Killing Power
- Enhanced Controls and Ability to Shoot while moving Forward or Backwards
- 50 Stages to Kill Zombies, Rescue Humans and Defend your Spaceship!
- Openfeint to Share your Highscore and Achievements
- Beat the Game on Easy and Normal Mode
What's New in Version 1.4.4- Add GameCenter.
- Remove OpenFeint