Stylish Sprint Review
- Polished 2.5D visuals; varied areas and unique background music.
- Plenty of unlockable items and modes.
- Smooth platforming controls; easy to recover from minor mistakes.
- Item placement a little too random.
- Wings power-up prone to dumping you off below the currently available platforms.
- Extremely high item prices.
Stylish Dash provides fans of endless runners with a gorgeous looking and smooth controlling plaformer with plenty of content to unlock, but it feels more like a collection of gimmicks than a cohesive and addictive title.
- Full Review
- App Store Info
These days, if you're going to make an endless runner you better have a gimmick that will drag people in. Stylish Dash by playus soft seems to take this idea to heart, though building a game almost entirely out of gimmicks might be taking things too far.
Tap to jump; tap mid-air to double-jump; tap and hold a third time to fly - by now this sort of control scheme is pretty much ingrained in the iOS gamer's consciousness, but it's great to see the addition of a 'flying' system as this gives players a chance to not only save themselves but to reach power-ups that are out of reach. Oh yes... the game's 'randomization' system is fond of throwing items out of your reach and you can expect to see that precious bonus star or speed-boost floating high above or even BELOW the platform you're on. Dashing has also been added to the game, giving players another option for traversing long gaps and to break through one-hit-kill obstacles that pop up now and then.
It's hard to criticize the visuals of Stylish Dash as they are exactly that - stylish. The use of a 2.5D scrolling world works wonderfully as it's paired with flashy special effects that make you feel like every minor achievement is worthy of praise. Unfortunately the variety of its levels is limited to essentially re-skinning the world, though each area adds additional 'quests' that can be used to earn points that can then be spent on aesthetic upgrades for your character. Two alternative game modes are also available, though one these feels eerily similar to an old-school hand-held LCD 'racer' - something I'd rather not be reminded about.
Stylish Dash is an ultra-polished runner that provides a lot of incentives for players to keep coming back for more, but beyond the gimmicks it lacks the same addictive charm of other similar titles. Definitely worth grabbing if you're after something a bit flashier than the usual 'retro' titles.
DescriptionStylish Sprint is an action running game where you play as a stickman who travels the world in search of adventure…and collects any spare coins laying around.
You can run, roll, fly, smash obstacles, and use powerups through 8 unique and varied environments.
Feast your eyes on the characters stylish acrobatics as he flips and spins through each endless stage.
Effortlessly navigate the terrain with simple and intuitive controls.
Getting sick of the main game? Try out one of the included challenge modes with their own unique playing style.
Customize your stickman’s appearance with tons of cool costume items that not only add style to his dash but increase his performance in various ways.
Gain SP (style points), which act as in game currency, by completing quests, getting points during gameplay, or buying SP packs as an in-app purchase. Use SP to buy the various items included in the games shop.
- Endless replay ability.
- Random level generation.
- No two games will ever be the same!
- Easy controls & Stylish action.
- Amazing graphics & Smooth animations.
- Easy to learn, but hard to put down.
- Easy to enjoy, but hard to master.
- Many different character costumes.
- Many different stages including: Grasslands, Ice, Jungle, Caves, Chinese, Candy Town, Desert, Lava, Moai, Graveyard, and Space (more to come in updates).
- Many different quests to complete for each stage.
- Many different in game items including: Booster, Spring, Parachute, Weight, Wings, Flying Mode, Magnet, Capsule, Stars, Coins, and UpDown.
- Mini games include: Challenge Game Dodge 01, Challenge Game Dodge 02 (more to come in updates).
- Game Center support. (30 different Achievements and a Leaderboard for each mode)
- Facebook support.
- Twitter support.
- Your score multiplier increases when you collect the same color stars consecutively.
- Use your action gauge wisely as you have limited energy to draw from.
- Break obstacles to refill your action gauge.
- Using the action button and flying draw from your action gauge, so make sure your gauge isn’t empty when you try to use them.
- You can choose from four different button layouts from the options menu.
- Completing the tutorial rewards you with some SP.
What the world is saying about Stylish Sprint:
slidetoplay.com says: “We really enjoyed Stylish Sprint’s take on this oversaturated genre. Beneath all the glitter and bonus content, this is a solid run ’n jump game that will keep you on your toes.”
ireviewt.com says: “Stylish Sprint is a fashion like experience of a run 'n jump game and highly recommend to all ages. There is nothing against a purchase .”
toucharchive.com says: “Easy control with full graphics. Have shop, leaderboards. For first play the tutorial to learn how to play! Perfect game! Really liked!”
iphones.co.il says: “Whether you like gum, platformer, or just fans of action, Stylish Sprint is not a game you can switch to the agenda.”
5/5 Stars – “This is easily the best run and jump game on the iOS”
5/5 Stars – “The presentation is awesome. The graphics are great and everything looks good…”
Support Information :
-E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
-Twitter : @playussoft
-Facebook : email@example.com
What's New in Version 1.6support retina display