Corporate Fury Review
- Complex fighting system; mixes up basic combos with weapons and air-juggling.
- Smooth visual transitions; vibrant 3D world with no loading screens.
- Lots of fun additional items and people to fight.
- Inconsistent difficulty; the same enemy can go from stupid to godlike without warning.
- The adult themes border on being immature; not enough context given for some character behavior.
Corporate Fury is a strange take on the usual brawler format, breaking it down to a series of intense short battles; just be aware that the violent theme doesn't pull any punches.
- Full Review
- App Store Info
We're delving in to the archives today to cover a game we missed the first time around. After the recent release of Devil May Cry 4 for the iOS it seemed prudent to cover a similar brawler title and if anything can match Capcom's over-the-top series, it's Corporate Fury by Swinecrafters.
Those familiar with the Clover Studio developed and Capcom released title God Hand might see a bit of a parallel in thematic style between these two games. What? You didn't play God Hand? Take a moment to check out it's interesting... 'style'. Are you back? Is your mind reeling from the shock? Now you're ready to play Corporate Fury.
In this alternate-world where humanity lives inside domes, the 'corporate' world has taken a different approach on how to arrange their hierarchy and everyone from the lowly workers to the CEO are forced to 'fight' to keep their jobs. You take the role of a man out for revenge, attempting to kill the man who murdered your father, but to get your shot you'll need to fight your way up the business ladder. This involves a lot (and I mean a LOT) of repetitive fighting to earn cash; purchasing upgrades to pimp out your character; fighting more people for cash; and so on.
Unfortunately this isn't a River City Ransom style situation where you can beat up dozens of guys before heading back to the shopping district - instead you'll take on fighters in various arenas one at a time before running around a considerably detailed 3D over-world to make your purchases before starting again. It's a tedious process that's only occasionally broken up by story points, though on the easier setting it is possible to finish the main story in a few hours.
However it's the over-the-top style of combat that manages to hold the game together, with a system that crosses the gap from brawler to arcade fighter fluidly. Mastering combos grants you access to powerful attacks that can decimate fighters, but reaching that point can be difficult when faced with the endless parade of stop-start fights to earn the cash you require.
Corporate Fury is a quirky title that won't win over fans easily, but there's also a depth to the game that puts other similar titles to shame; caution is advised when considering this title.
DescriptionCorporate Fury is a fast-paced, stylish, third-person 3D action game set in a futuristic dystopia. As a result of environmental contamination, humans are confined to protective structures. Resources are limited, and survival is dictated by powerful, privately-owned companies. The player finds him or herself working at one such company, where the only way to survive... is to fight.
Corporate Fury offers a variety of ground-breaking features, such as:
- High-quality visuals and fast action, even on low-end devices like the iPhone 3g. Corporate Fury utilizes wholly proprietary technology, and features beautifully lightmapped 3D geometry, with extremely smooth, detailed character lighting.
- A rocking MP3 sound track, with 13 unique tracks composed just for the game!
- An easy-to-use, difficult-to-master combat system, which offers hundreds of unique attack combinations, and massive 30+ hit chains!
- Over 100 unique weapons, items, and abilities are at the player's disposal, along with full character and stat development! Corporate Fury packs a massive gameplay punch-- bigger than you'll find in just about any other iPhone/iPod Touch title.
- A large world to explore, with no load times, filled with over 100 unique characters to discover, explore, and fight!
- 35 unlockable award trophies and 3 distinct difficulty settings, which will keep you coming back for hours after you finish the game's main story mode.
- Quit and resume your game anywhere, anytime - even during in-game cinematics and fights!
Explore the world of Corporate Fury today, and experience hours of gameplay and adventure for the special launch price of $1.99!
"The iDevice did not have a proper brawler that delivered until Corporate Fury came along. With a funny (yet crude) premise, and a well deserved 17+ rating, this game is easy to recommend for those who love mindless violence." -nodpad.com
"There are a ton of wacky characters, plenty of crude humor, and enough fighting to satisfy any gamers needs in Corporate Fury, and it stands out as one of the more unique offerings for the iPhone." -TouchArcade.com
"Corporate Fury is weird as hell, and has very little to do with the business world as people might normally understand it, but it's jam-packed with nonstop brawling and the occasional errand. What's not to like?" -David Wolinsky, GamesRadar US
"Corporate Fury has just about everything that I could want in a video game." -148apps.com
"Possibly the best and most surprising game I've downloaded in ages. Great story, top notch graphics, fantastic gameplay, and loads of secret stuff to get all equal what for me is probably the best game I've played in many months. I've been very critical of a lot of other games recently, but this one gets everything right." -TouchArcade user
"Swinecrafters did an awesome job of creating an interactive 3D environment in which you can go or do whatever you want to." -appsmile.com
PLEASE NOTE: If you have any difficulties running the game, or experience errors regarding storage writes (to save your game), please ensure that your device settings are set to Apple-recommended defaults.
If you continue to experience issues, please contact Swinecrafters directly through our iTunes support link!
What's New in Version 1.5- New item - Wolf's Pearl, buyable from Frank's Goods.
- An attempted fix for write failures which some users have experienced when saving their game. If you experience a save game failure in this version, please try to remember (and write down) the exact error message, and let us know at email@example.com! This will allow us to assist you in the most effective manner possible.