Gangstar: Miami Vindication Review
- Mid-mission checkpoints.
- Multiple control schemes unique to each vehicle/weapon.
- Simple aim and cover system.
- Relatively small area for a sandbox title.
Where Gangstar started out by putting a competent sandbox title on the App Store, Miami Vindication steps things up with its fun storyline, solid controls and great gameplay.
- Full Review
- App Store Info
At long last the next in the Gangstar series has hit the App Store and Gameloft have once again piled in just enough tweaks and flourishes to show that they're not just taking the easy way out when it comes to sequels.
Right off the bat I'm glad to say that other than the basic similarities shared by sandbox titles, this one feels right at home on the iPhone and situating the game in a 'modern' Miami setting makes it harder to make the obvious GTA comparisons. As you make your way through the relatively linear mission structure you'll get to drive a healthy variety of vehicles while dispatching enemies with the usual assortment of weaponry. The controls feel great and players can switch between touch or tilt controls for most vehicles, while the combat feels much smoother thanks to the ability to touch-target enemies and quickly hide behind cover.
While the game environment isn't massive, it still provides enough variety and hidden nooks and crannies for collectables to keep the game interesting for a long time. For those used to gaming in short bursts, the game also features a quick-menu system to jump to your next story point or even buy cars and weapons to get things done with the minimum of fuss.
While the game may not boast the same depth or customization of other sandbox titles, it feels just right for iDevices and with it's combination of great gameplay, visuals and a solid storyline, Gangstar: Miami Vindication is a game that's easy to recommend.
DescriptionGAME UPDATE FOR iOS 4.3 COMPATIBILITY
Gangstar: Miami Vindication has been updated and is now completely compatible with the latest iOS (4.3). Thank you for your patience and please accept our apologies for the wait and for any inconvenience this may have caused.
Enjoy the most immersive full-3D crime simulation ever on iPhone/iPod touch! Gangstar: Miami Vindication has a new, unique feel that delivers a deep storyline of revenge: plunge into Miami gang life and live a fast-paced adventure to liberate your little brother who has been kidnapped by the Armada gang for unknown reasons…
OPTIMIZED FOR iPhone 4! High-definition graphics that fully utilize the iPhone 4 Retina display.
WELCOME TO MIAMI
- A long lifespan, far beyond the typical iPhone game, with more than 75 varied missions: infiltrate gangs, snipe enemies, escort witnesses, chase cars and survive the jungle of Miami.
- An amazing reconstruction of an entire sprawling metropolis with a massive open-ended environment that recreates Miami, including Downtown, Miami Beach, The Harbor, Miami Bay, and The Swamps.
- Beware of the Miami PD! Thanks to the new improved AI, the cops will react intelligently and call for FBI reinforcements if needed.
TONS OF NEW VEHICLES AND WEAPONS
- New amazing vehicles to drive, from regular cars & motorcycles to boats, jet skis and even a helicopter!
- Storyline missions will take you inside each of these vehicles as you race, chase and take on time trials.
- Defeat rival gang members by using a new arsenal of weapons including grenades, flame throwers and Molotov cocktails. See just how it feels to blow out Miami!
A UNIQUE FEELING OF REALISM
- A deep storyline of revenge: the scenario was jointly written with a scriptwriter from the popular TV show, “The Wire” and is delivered by countless breathtaking, voice acted cutscenes.
- A true feeling of freedom: complete missions at your own pace and do absolutely anything you want, by day or by night.
- Radio stations broadcast popular songs from famous hip-hop, rock and electro artists, including artists from the famous Ninja Tune label.
Follow Gameloft on Twitter to get more info about this game and all our upcoming titles at http://twitter.com/gameloft or read our official blog at http://blog.gameloft.com/