Angry Birds Seasons Review
- Simple and fun physics puzzles; no change to the Angry Birds formula.
- 45 new levels in a Halloween theme.
- Poor value and difficulty scaling for those who don't own Angry Birds.
Angry Birds Halloween is exactly what it says on the box - it's Angry Birds with a Halloween theme; if you own the original this is an easy to recommend game, but if you don't it's best to start with Angry Birds instead.
- Full Review
- App Store Info
It's hard to argue against the popularity of a game like Angry Birds and with 195 levels to master it's a heck of a great purchase. However it seems odd that the Halloween special edition has been released separately and for the same price as the original you get less content with no real change to the formula.
If you're already addicted to Angry Birds then you'll hardly need an introduction to the physics-based gameplay, however if you're one of the few iDevice owners that still hasn't tried this title then the idea is a simple one: Fling various birds from a slingshot to take revenge against the pigs that are hiding inside their tenuously built fortifications. Each of the various birds have different effects, some of which need to be activated with a tap mid-flight, but a combination of carefully aimed shots and a bit of lucky are all you need to complete a level.
The usual bright and cheerful environments from the original have been transformed in to a Halloween landscape complete with ethereal lanterns, an eery forest background and even pumpkin-based armor to protect the pigs.
This may be nit-picking, but it's hard to fall in love with what amounts to a re-skin and a handful of levels could have been an in-game purchase. For fans of Angry Birds, the Halloween special edition certainly doesn't mess with the formula, but it doesn't improve on it either. Grab a copy if you're keen on more levels, but stick to Angry Birds instead if you haven't tried it yet.
DescriptionJoin the Angry Birds as they celebrate unique seasonal events from around the world! Enjoy the addictive physics-based gameplay you love, but with an exciting twist. For the latest update, turn the page and get ready for a new chapter full of magical fairy tales in Fairy Hogmother!
LATEST EPISODE: Fairy Hogmother
A romantic new episode begins – just in time for Valentine’s Day! Does this story end in romance, or heartbreak? Find out in 19 new levels inspired by your favorite fairy tales. Three Little Pigs, Rapigzel, Swinederella, Hamzel and Gretel, and more!
In addition to the Fairy Hogmother chapter, download and enjoy:
- 25 THEMED EPISODES (plus cool bonus stuff)!
- 775+ LEVELS of pig-popping action!
- UNIQUE POWER-UPS that give you the edge in tricky levels!
- PIG DAYS! Super special one-off levels that pay tribute to global events and holidays!
With over 2 billion downloads, Angry Birds is the most popular mobile game series of all time. Join the global phenomenon!
Become a fan of Angry Birds on Facebook:
Follow us on Twitter:
Angry Birds Seasons includes optional in-app purchases. This game may require internet connectivity and subsequent data transfer charges may apply.
Important Message for Parents
This game may include:
- Direct links to social networking websites that are intended for an audience over the age of 13.
- Direct links to the internet that can take players away from the game with the potential to browse any web page.
- Advertising of Rovio products and also products from select partners.
- The option to make in-app purchases. The bill payer should always be consulted beforehand.
What's New in Version 6.0.0A romantic new episode begins – just in time for Valentine’s Day! Does this story end in romance, or heartbreak? Find out in 19 new levels inspired by your favorite fairy tales. Three Little Pigs, Rapigzel, Swinederella, Hamzel and Gretel – they’re all here!
– NEW fairy tale themed episode – Fairy Hogmother!
– 19 NEW Levels + Golden Egg and Bonus Levels!
– More Pig Days!