- Non-stop action; plenty of weapons and spells to mix things up.
- Boss battles to add to the challenge.
- Smooth difficulty progression; plenty of safety nets to help out.
- Gory style may be off-putting for some; definitely not a game for kids.
- Touching the screen can result in overlapping controls; dodge/barrel explode/pray can all get mixed up.
The crazy designs, intense action and gory effects may not be to everyone's tastes, but it remains an entertaining title despite its visual style thanks to the varied gameplay that adds enough options to keep you coming back for more.
- Full Review
- App Store Info
When your soul has been taken by 'Evil' and you're stuck in a medieval representation of Hell, I'd imagine I'd probably go on a killing rampage as well. iRequiem by Rapid Turtle Games appeals to those after fast action-oriented gameplay with a scoop-and-a-half of disturbing visuals and gore to keep up appearances and to ensure that anyone watching over your shoulder immediately places you in the 'don't give sharp objects' corner of their minds.
There are 55 currently available levels to work your way through in the story campaign as your character works his way through the hordes of hell to regain his soul. Friendly merchants will provide access to new weapons, giving you a variety of options for dispensing your enemies and once you've gained enough souls or killed enough enemies you can activate one of several power-ups to aid your bloody cause. However, be aware that your character is a bit of a glass-cannon and should you let up on your assault you'll cop a face-full of claws and imminent death, however tapping your character gives you the ability to roll out of the way when things get desperate, but more often then not you'll just end up facing more enemies ready to chew out your eyes.
The visual design is curious, with a combination of hand-drawn backgrounds, paired with almost claymation-esque pre-rendered sprites that remain consistently disturbing to look at thanks to the way their emaciated or flabby limbs contort while screaming death in to your face. The main character looks like Raziel from Legacy Of Kain after walking through a bondage shop, though when you're living in hell I don't expect the fashions tend to change all that much.
iRequiem is all about the action and the gore and it delivers in spades, with plenty of ways to destroy your enemies and several bosses to keep you on your toes. While this may not be the kind of game you'll want to play in public, it's still an easy action title to enjoy and surprisingly fun thanks to the variety you're given from the get-go.
Description***CELEBRATING THE RELEASE OF "WORLD OF KHAOS"
***World of Khaos for Mac on the BEST NEW GAMES list spot #1 in more than 150 countries!***
HellGore in the TOP 10 scariest iOS games of all time!
Get ready for AppStore's most intense survival experience. Are you strong enough to survive in Hell? There's only one way to find out... enter the world of HellGore!
** Was featured by Apple in New and Noteworthy **
“Entertaining and hugely addictive”
- Pocket Arcade
“The game is plenty fun”
“It's still an easy action title to enjoy and surprisingly fun thanks to the variety you're given from the get-go.”
“If you like horror themes and enjoy shooting games, HellGore is definitely something worthwhile”
“Der Preis für das Spiel ist ein Witz für den Spiel Umfang was das Spiel bietet.”
(The price of the game is a joke for what the game offers.)
- DerAppTester YouTube Channel
HellGore is a horror themed shooter taking place in hell, which is depicted as a dark gothic medieval world. The story begins after Evil takes the main protagonist's soul and endows him with dark powers.
HellGore will have you fighting against a horde of zombies and other creatures - don't worry about your weapon of choice as you will be supplied with a mixture of real-world modern weapons like shotguns, grenade/rocket launchers and medieval/fantasy weapons such as bows and crossbows. Along the way you will gain dark magic weapons such as spells, amulets, dark powers and rites.
You control the main protagonist, but there are vehicles which you can control too. In addition, a special power allows you to possess any of the monsters available in the game, and to use all of its attack skills until it dies! Some dark powers will allow you to summon creatures who will help you in battle. Also, you can take on the form of a Werewolf, and use its special attack skills to quickly vanquish your enemies. And that isn't all...
- 2 game modes: Campaign and Survival
- 55 levels in Campaign, unlimited in Survival
- Kill with 19 insane weapons: Rocket Launchers, Shotguns, Flamethrower, Chain Crossbow, Acid Gun, Stake Gun and more
- 21 types of dreadful monsters: 5 BIG bosses, 3 Minibosses, 13 regular monsters (Zombies, Skeletons, Spiders, Hounds...)
- Control merciless vehicles: the brutal Hell Machine and Hellicopter
- Special abilities and upgrades: Dark Powers, Spells, Rites, Amulets, Potions...
- 11 kill skills: Overkill, Afterburn, Multi-Kill, Carbonize, Smash kill..
- Ranks. Collect rank markers to get promoted to a higher rank
- Extraordinary story, meet Marcus, find out your destiny
- 40 Achievements, Leaderboards, compete with other players around the world
- Professional voices by John McCann
- Amazing visuals and sounds effects
- Auto-save for your progress
- Easy to pick up and play, thanks to intuitive controls and tips for beginners
- Think like a thief and pickpocket monsters for extra gold or potions
- Action Replay - record your gameplay and watch it later! Watch how you have defeated the boss, completed a level etc.
- Acrobatic moves: somersault, jump, power jump
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
DO YOU LIKE KILLING ZOMBIES?
If yes, then check out our latest game: Zombie Area!
Be sure to check out the incredible Cinematic trailer and Gameplay video at www.rapidturtlegames.com
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/rtgames
Become a HellGore fan on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rapid-Turtle-Games/117010321695631
Rapid Turtle Games channel on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/rapidturtlegames