Smurfs' Village Review
- Publisher: Beeline Interactive, Inc.
- Genre: Entertainment
- Released: 11 Nov, 2010
- Size: 472.9 MB
- Price: FREE!
- Simple, Smurfy freemium town management gameplay.
- Faceboook integration for friends (currently buggy).
- Fun mini-games and missions to mix up the gameplay.
- Poor push notification implementation.
- Extremely expensive 'berry' buildings.
Smurfs' Village hasn't quite launched with its best foot forward, but for those who have fond memories of the Smurfs and can't get enough management titles, there's no reason not to grab this game.
- Full Review
- App Store Info
I guess it was only a matter of time before someone realized that the Smurfs lived in a village, 'And hey! What a great idea it'd be if you could manage that little town?!'. So, lo and behold, Capcom have created the official Smurfs' Village and all your usual Farmville-ish obsessions can now be dedicated to defending the Smurfs from their ever present nemesis, Gargamel.
Much like other freemium farm/town management style titles, you'll need to earn levels through experience earned from farming, building and in a neat twist, from playing mini-games that refresh every few hours. These range from mixing potions for Papa Smurf to helping Greedy Smurf to bake treats for your growing population of general Smurfs. Actions are limited by your population, requiring individual Smurfs to either build or tend to fields, but players can spend 'Smurf Berries' that are earned each day, via gifts or purchased directly from the store to either speed up the process or to purchase unique buildings that provide additional benefits to your village.
Much like the cartoon, the visuals are vibrant and the Retina optimized graphics run smoothly even on large and complex villages crawling with busy little Smurfs. Facebook integration is used to add new friends for benefits, however at the time of this review the feature did not seem to be working. Also, push notifications are used to inform players when events have completed, however no notices were given when crops were ready, causing some to be lost needlessly.
Smurfs' Village has the right formula for ensnaring players after a new freemium management style game, but until some features are fixed you might want to hold off on purchasing additional berries.
DescriptionGargamel found the Smurfs’ village and scattered the Smurfs far and wide. With Papa Smurf's guidance, it’s up to you to build a new village for the Smurfs to call home.
Based on the original cartoon and comic art, players begin the game with only a single mushroom house and a lone plowed plot of land. From there, things quickly progress, allowing players to build specialized houses, elaborate gardens with colorful crops, bridges to span running rivers, trodden paths, and more.
- Creativity is your only limit, build a complete Smurfs' village from scratch
- Play with your favorite Smurfs including Papa Smurf, Smurfette, Lazy Smurf, Baby Smurf, Handy Smurf and Jokey Smurf
- Purchase Smurfberries via in-app purchase to speed up the growth of your crops and village!
- Play mini games like Greedy Smurf’s Baking Game, Papa Smurf’s Potion Mixing Game,Painter Smurf’s Painting Game, Lazy Smurf's Fishin' Game and a new free Handy Smurf minigame and unlock additional bonuses
- Connect with friends through Facebook and Game Center and send gifts to your friends' villages
- Play offline... manage your village anytime without having to connect to the internet.
- Retina display graphics
iOS will keep you logged on for 15 minutes after an initial in-app purchase. Additional purchases won’t require a re-entry of the password during this 15 minute interval. This is a function of the iOS software and not within our control.
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/BeelineGames
Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/BeelineGames
Follow us on Youtube: www.youtube.com/BeelineGames
What's New in Version 1.29.0There’s a lot to love about our Valentines update:
Add Smufette's Balloon Shop to the village to test your balloon-popping prowess with an all-new mini-game.
Finish the latest Smurfy Wonder to unlock the super cute Teddy Bear Workshop
You’ll love new Smurfy Valentine’s decorations.
New Homnibus rewards
Reach level 100 to unlock “Hundredth Smurf.”
New weather machine and Valentine themed weather effects.
One new level, bug fixes and more!