Agent Dash Review
- Tangible rewards for progression; not just more of the same, but faster - actual new environments and challenges.
- More character models, skins and perks to upgrade; adds customization and longevity in replay.
- Sensitivity options seem to add delays for 'slower' options; also no alternative tilt-scheme available.
- Inconsistent (or at least unforgiving) collision detection; huge hit-box around power-ups, but you can trip on a pixel of any hazard (especially pits).
Agent Dash is a gorgeous rendition of the Temple Run style of auto-runner that encourages players to become better at the game by introducing unique obstacles for each of its area types.
- Full Review
- App Store Info
Full Fat's repertoire of games is full of rebuilt concepts; while we may have seen and loved the archetypes they take their inspiration from, the new spin or polished design makes it worth playing. Agent Dash is no different, taking cues from the long-popular Temple Run series, just don't expect each run to be an epic dash - an agent's job isn't easy and neither is this game.
You can expect to be caught out and remain almost unaware of what happened thanks to two features of the game that should otherwise be considered positives. Firstly, instead of tilting to move back and forth, players swipe to perform all moves, be it jumping, sliding, or changing 'lanes'. Secondly, the camera is tilted much lower, giving you a longer perspective with the downside of also making it unclear as to when hazardous gaps end or whether a bridge you're moving towards has a missing piece or not.
The increase in challenge is, strangely enough, welcomed as it provides a sense of achievement when you finally make it to a 'base', destroy it and move on to the next area. However it also means you'll need to learn various 'trap patterns' that exist so you're not caught out; the visuals are incredibly vibrant and perfectly suited to the 'secret agent' theme, but as a result it's easier to be confused by the quick-moving hyper-color visuals.
As to be expected, the usual power-ups are available and need to be upgraded with the gems you grab on each run. In a nice change, players can also spend their in-game cash on characters, skins and boosts for each of them, as well as one-off bonuses to give you a head start or boost in a subsequent run.
What makes Agent Dash feel different from the usual clones is its tangible sense of progression - over time, players will invariably get better at the game and are rewarded with new areas complete with new trap variations to learn. For those who still think scores matter, you can compete against friends thanks to Facebook integration.
Considering it's free, you can always check it out for yourself and see if you're up to the challenge.
DescriptionRUN FOR QUEEN & COUNTRY
The ultimate spy blockbuster! Enjoyed by over 20 million players, sneak into the top secret action game from the makers of Flick Golf, All Star Quarterback & Flick Soccer.
It's the most intense, explosive running game that you can squeeze into your phone!
"The pinnacle of the genre" - Pocket Gamer
DASH ANOTHER DAY
Take control of the audacious Agent Dash or one of a huge cast of heroes & villains, including the Queen!
"The visuals are incredibly vibrant" - AppSpy
Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to defeat Dash's nefarious arch nemesis, Dr. Quantumfinger. He's worse than a megalomaniac, he's a SUPERlomaniac!
LICENSE TO RUN
Sprint through the stunning world of Quantumfinger's secret island lair, avoiding fiendish traps & pitfalls. Collapsing buildings, lazers, lava and more will block your path, but they're no match for Dash!
"The design is impeccable" - App Advice
Collect jetpacks, magnets, cloaks and even slow down time! Upgrade gadgets back at base and get the tools to foil any evil plot.
• Massive update for 2015
• Perfect tap & swipe controls
• Twisting levels with dramatic ups & downs
• Explosive action, infiltrations & escapes
• New characters with outfits & perks
• Next-gen graphics
• Game Center leaderboards & achievements
• Awesome audio inspired by classic spy movies
• Full HD resolution
JOIN THE FULL FAT COMMUNITY
What's New in Version 4.0Agent, your country needs you! Dash is back with a MASSIVE new update.
• New characters Agent Riley & Dash Junior
• All-new next generation graphics for 2015
• Remastered levels with new hazards
• Twisting worlds with dramatic ups & downs
• Character outfits & unique perks
• Shiny new special effects
• Take on special objectives in all-new missions
• Activate gadgets on the run
• Improved leaderboards
• New menus with no loading between screens
• Full HD resolution
NEW GAME ENGINE
New tech means that we can create even more cool content for the game, faster than ever before! Get ready for new characters, gadgets, community features & more in future updates.
Follow FullFatGames on social media to be the first to get the latest news!
Please continue to rate and review the game. We read every comment to help us to create the games that you want!