- Publisher: MADFINGER Games, a.s.
- Genre: Entertainment
- Released: 29 Sep, 2011
- Size: 201.0 MB
- Price: $4.99
- Solid cover-based shooter gameplay.
- Gorgeously vibrant environments; one part Gears of War, one part Quake 2.
- Entertaining voice-acting performances.
- Unlockable artwork/info for the completionists out there.
- Simple, hammy storyline.
- Sticky control issues; customization options available, but doesn't fix fundamental problems (reload pausing, etc.).
- Some poor checkpoint placements.
While not perfect a perfectly executed, the shortcomings in SHADOWGUN leave room for another even better game to take its place; not that there's any rush because it's still worth checking out.
- Full Review
- App Store Info
Sure, we've had shooters before on the App Store and they've been received with mixed amounts of love and hate. Some of the best have gone on to become shrines of multiplayer fun, but the single-player experience has often been lacking as you're left with the usual draw-by-numbers war-torn battlefield formula. SHADOWGUN by MADFINGER Games, better known for their Samurai series have busted out with a gorgeous cover-based shooter in an attempt to break this routine.
Sadly it stumbles from the get-go as players are thrown in to a story and environment that bears more than a striking resemblance to that of the seminal classic Quake 2. From this point the game strays in to a thin plot surrounding the god-delusions of a mad scientist and his army of genetic mutants, but they're no match for beefcake John Slade, "Shadowgun" for hire.
Thankfully the compensation for a mindless plot is suitably vicious gameplay that pits you against AI that wanders between cover (albeit with predictability) while you dispense bullet and explosive-filled justice to any man, mutant or machine that stands in your way. Slade will stick to various surfaces automatically, providing adequate cover from incoming volleys of death, with a simple tap forward or backward allowing you to jump over or continue on your way.
Although there's only one set of controls available, several customization options including the ability to rearrange the screen makes the most of the virtual-stick and swipe system on offer. What's far less appealing is the weapon-swap system that's difficult enough to use in the heat of battle without it also making you pause for a second or two. It may not sound like much, but when faced with multiple opponents, the instinct to swap to a better weapon (or otherwise running out of ammunition) can be deadly mistake.
With 10 levels under its belt, multiple boss fights and a few unlockables for the OCD gamers out there, SHADOWGUN makes for a fun evening of solid shooter gameplay. It's not perfect, but that only means we can look forward to bigger and better things in the future.
DescriptionSupports new iPAd with native 2048x1536 iPad resolution and 4x MSAA (Anti Aliasing)
Featured in the Rewind 2011, Benchmark Games and Gorgeous Games by Apple !!!
Number one in 25 countries and Top 5 in more then 50 !!!
☞ Please join to our social networks and became part of MADFINGER Games and help us make the best games !!!
www.kotaku.com "Spectacular mobile gaming achievement"
www.g4tv.com "This game looks incredible, and plays better."
www.appsafari.com "This game is a no brainer for any serious iOS gamer"
www.pocketgamer.co.uk "The best third-person action game available on mobiles, with stunning graphics and tight controls"
www.appolicious.com "Everything from the graphics to the sound is top notch"
www.theappera.com "Stunning Third Person Shooter"
www.crazymikesapps.com "One of the best shooter games"
www.applenapps.com "Is quite simply the current pinnacle of iOS gaming, and nothing else even comes close."
www.touchreviews.net. - "Shadowgun is an engrossing game, an adventure that once you pick up you won’t be able to put down"
The year is 2350, and corrupt intergalactic corporations are the rule of law, hiring bounty hunters and mercs to do their bidding. The best of the best are known as SHADOWGUNS.
SHADOWGUN puts you into the role of John Slade, the galaxy’s most infamous bounty hunter. Your mission: hunt down Dr. Edgar Simon, maniacal genius and leader of his own mutant army. Infiltrate Dr. Simon’s mountain fortress and fight his personal guard of cyborgs, battle droids, and genetically-enhanced humanoids. Using state-of-the-art weaponry, ships, and the assistance of S.A.R.A.—Slade’s personal android assistant—SHADOWGUN combines intense tactical combat with 3rd person action.
☣ CRUSH, KILL, DESTROY! ☣
- Featuring the most advanced combat A.I. to date—enemies flank, seek cover, and utilize teamwork to take you down! Battle automated sentries, aerial drones, and other lethal foes—tactical maneuvers are based upon actual military strategy!
- Solve hacking mini-games to whet your nerdly appetite, then get back to blasting!
☣ CONSOLE-QUALITY GRAPHICS! ☣
- It ain’t just pretty—it’s gorgeous! Advanced lighting effects, beautifully rendered environments, and pro voices make this one of the most advanced games for your smartphone!
☣ LIKE YOUR SCI-FI SOAKED IN BLOOD? ☣
- Immersive storyline with multiple outcomes! You decide how it ends!
- The first installment in a major franchise!
- Unlock the detailed “Shadowpedia”, and read more about the SHADOWGUN universe!
☣ FROM THE MIND OF A MADMAN! ☣
- Survive the onslaught of Dr. Simon’s deadly creations, including level bosses, mutated grunts, killer machines, and more!
☣ EXPANSION DETAILS ☣
- The story directly follows the events of original Shadowgun
- New datadisc is free
- 4 new levels
- New enemy creature
- New gun
- New type of gaming interaction
- New collectibles
- New soundtrack
- Lot of new graphics, animations and cutscenes
What's New in Version 1.1.3Support of the new iPad !!!
☢ Native 2048x1536 iPad resolution
☢ 4x MSAA Anti Aliasing
☢ Fixed bug in reloading
☢ Fixed bugs in roll
☢ Fixed invisible/untouchable icons on some lifts (Level 7 and 8)
Do you want to be in touch with your favourite game? To chat with other SHADOWGUN fans? To share your wishes about upcoming games? To get the hot news the first? Join us on facebook page or follow us on twitter and help us to create better games!
And NOW! Do not miss a chance to win the original SHADOWGUN T-Shirt. Visit https://www.facebook.com/Shadowgun/app_101393123286933