Storm the Train Review
- Satisfying carnage as you tear through zombies and robots.
- Upgrades tied to mission completion creates almost a level up system in place as you play.
- Far too much emphasis on grinding the game to meet the high shop prices for upgrades (unless you wish to spend money).
Think Monster Dash with secret agents on top of a train, fighting zombies and robots, and you're pretty close.
- Full Review
- App Store Info
Upon first loading up Storm the Train, you can be forgiven thinking you're about to play an action or stealth based game centered around robbing trains. Instead we find ourselves with a Monster Dash type run and gun as you hop from one train to the next, collecting new weapons and loads of coins as you blast away the undead, robot hordes, and even ninjas.
And just like Monster Dash, the controls are a simple affair of on-screen directional buttons, a jump button, and of course a shoot button. For the most part the controls work well, but especially during the boss battles when you have to jump at a moment's notice and get in as much gunfire as you can before jumping again, the game lacks the fidelity you may desire in such tense situations.
And that's pretty much all there is. Run and gun, collect coins, and then use those coins to upgrade yourself once you die only to do the whole thing all over again. Special mention should be made of the items in the shop being linked to the stars you obtain completing missions. Most items are behind this star barrier, so it's almost like the game is regulating the pace of your upgrading (which is already covered by the exuberant pricing of everything). Since the running and gunning feels so good, no doubt all these items will add constant replay value to the game. It's just a shame the hoops it seems the player has to jump through to obtain them.
So with its solid presentation and a great feel, Storm the Train delivers as a mission based run and gun platformer. The store prices and their ties to mission progression favour either grinding or spending money, and that's unfortunate, but the experience can still be enjoyed regardless.
DescriptionMASSIVE UPDATE: ++ It’s the greatest update yet to Storm the Train and we think you’re going to love the new features ++
A one-way ticket to side-scrolling mayhem!
Send your agents on a rampage of destruction against unending hordes of zombies, robots, ninjas and relentless boss battles in this explosive, guns blazing side-scroller.
Recruit new agents with special abilities and gadgets to lay down the law to the advancing evil hordes. Swipe to switch between equipped agents and take advantage of their individual skills to overcome your enemies.
Recover stolen blueprints to upgrade your arsenal and complete your mission objectives for even greater rewards!
* Classic side-scrolling gameplay with explosive action
* 12 collectable agents with different skills and abilities
* Swipe between your 2 equipped agents
* Upgrade numerous weapons, drones, and gadgets
* Ride the Challenge Chopper and play for extra daily rewards
* Destroy as much as possible to get the highest score
What's New in Version 1.6.0Our biggest and the best update yet!
* Wow! 12 playable agents to collect, equip and upgrade - Graham, Carrera and Mason just got some serious backup
* New character abilities system gives each agent their own play-style
* Equip two agents at a time - try to pair complementary skills
* New challenge mode - ride the Eagle-2 Challenge Chopper each day for extra rewards and discounts off new agents
* New booster system for help with resource collection, damage, health etc
* Restyled weapons and gadgets