Robbery Bob™ Review
- Amusing dialogue between robber and benefactor.
- High tension as you avoid occupants, cops, and traps.
- Shadow hint system.
- Not for cautious players; you need to be willing to risk getting captured to be the best robber you can be.
Containing humor alongside its pilfering gameplay, Robbery Bob rewards those willing to take risks while relieving people of their broken and worthless possessions
- Full Review
- App Store Info
When being broken out of jail by a mysterious benefactor, I guess it only stands to reason that you'd be indebted to this person, even if he wishes you to perform the tasks that got you sent to the slammer in the first place. Unfortunately as Robbery Bob unfolds, you find this benefactor to be more and more unhinged, sending you into harm's way for increasingly baffling use of your ninja like pilfering skills.
This is a game of stealth and steely resolve. Each level consists of a goal that is the purpose of your break-in to obtain, but for a perfect score, you need to remain undetected, grab enough loot to fulfill your quota, and do so under a set time limit. Control is quite simple. You move via responsive analogue stick, and if wishing to move faster than your undetectable sneaking allows, you can hold a run button, but be warned, this will alert the sheep like denizens of the house who spend their time lolly-gagging out the window and other such worthwhile pursuits.
Being detected is not the end of the world however. You can run and hide, making use of the house's layout to your advantage. Sure the occupants may call the police, but they can be avoided as well through some smart timing. And timing is essentially what the game is all about. Sometimes you need to move like the wind, breathing down the back of a patrolling occupant's neck, while other times you need to hide behind a door or in a cardboard box, waiting for the right time to move elsewhere. If a level is giving you problems, you can call on the help of Bob's shadow, which will show you the optimal route through. The first use of this is free, but then you'll have to pay extra for more walk-through aid.
Reminiscent of the Commandos series on PC, Robbery Bob combines strategy, nerves of steel, and a cartoony aesthetic complete with doses of humor to round out an addictive and nail biting bite-sized gaming experience. A great game for those looking to test their sneaking skills all the way from suburbia to the ominous secret lab.
DescriptionIntroducing the Man of Steal…
Play as Bob, the hapless burglar intent on changing his ways. Unfortunately for Bob, however, he's going to be forced into a few final jobs before he's allowed out of the criminal life.
This app offers in-app purchases. You may restrict in-app purchasing using your device settings.
"This game is genuinely a joy to play and an interesting take on the robbing genre." — App-Score
"If the Grand Theft Auto phenomenon has taught us anything, it's that we as a people love theft. Robbery Bob is just one of the many games that fill that demand." — Polygon
Sneak past security guards, residents and sleeping bulldogs as you recover the loot in each stage. Use your ninja-like skills, abilities, utilities, and costumes to hide in some tight squeezes and avoid detection.
Your sticky-fingered missions will take you through a local neighbourhood, Downtown, and even through some secret labs. Can you get a perfect on every one?
Robbery Bob features:
• Avoid being detected as you break into houses, shops, and more in over 100 challenging levels
• Use your skills to dodge traps in your way and find all the available loot
• Pinch everything from secret documents to old pairs of clothes – don’t forget to grab those hard to find TV remotes!
• An engrossing comical storyline complete with hilarious animations and a genuinely twisting narrative
• Customise Bob with cool items and outfits
What's New in Version 1.10- Get bragging rights from snagging stuff with ReplayKit! Record and share your best sticky-fingered feats with your friends on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or any other social media account. Requires a device with an Apple A7 chip or later running iOS 9.
- Bit of a perfectionist? Hate reaching a checkpoint only to be spotted by a guard and mess up your perfect score? Fear not! You can now disable checkpoints from the options menu if you’re in the mood for a real challenge.
- Bob’s sneaking as smoothly as ever after lots of bug fixes and minor gameplay improvements!