Hungry Shark Evolution Review
- It's lots of fun gulping down such huge quantities of fish, birds, and even the elusive man.
- A serene and picturesque environment despite all this mayhem.
- The player seems a bit caged in in regards to exploration.
If you've ever wanted to play a hungry shark, gobbling up everything with-in swimming distance, this is definitely your game. It's a lot of fun too!
- Full Review
- App Store Info
There have been plenty of games through the years that have let us swim around under the sea as Dolphins, but very few that let us gain control of the master predator himself, Mr Shark (cause you damn well better approach these merciless killing machines with respect). Hungry Shark Evolution changes all that by presenting us with a game based on a stunning contrast. The serene beauty of swimming around the calm blue ocean, punctuated by a feeding frenzy of tropical fish, turtles, and man alike. Truly a smorgasbord for the senses.
And in terms of sensory pleasure, the game does deliver on sight, sound, and touch. The art style conveys a lush underwater world ripe for exploration, the sound creates a relaxing atmosphere, even when you're jumping up in the air to gobble up a pelican, and the controls do their best to aid the experience. The shark swims via a tight tilt interface, with a simple touch of the screen to engage the dash meter in case you wish to leap into the air, or chase down a particularly fast fleeing fish.
Your health is combined as a sort of stamina meter as well. If you don't continuously chow down everything in your path, your meter will go down, and the game is over once that reaches zero (and it can also be lowered by larger sharks, jellyfish, and all other sorts of nasties). Once dead, all the coins you've collected in your underwater travels can be used to upgrade your shark. During the game, nudging sea shells will unlock missions that when completed will reward you with coins and experience. Once your shark levels up enough, it will grow into a greater species, and more of the world will be at your fingertips.
And while these upgrade mechanics give a nice sense of progression tied into the mission structure, the underwater world that the game presents nurtures this want for exploration, yet so little of it is available to you from the get-go. This might discourage a little, but really, swimming around and chomping things is more than fun enough to recommend this title to anyone who wants an amusing, enjoyable way to pass some time.
DescriptionTake control of a very Hungry Shark and go on a frantic ocean rampage!
Survive as long as possible by eating everything and everyone in your way!
Explore underwater worlds and evolve iconic sharks like the Great White and Megalodon!
In this action-packed aquatic adventure:
• Unlock more than a dozen unique sharks and other fintastic creatures
• Explore free-roaming worlds both above and below the waves
• Enjoy jawsome 3D graphics and sound effects
• Discover and devour mysterious creatures of the deep
• Recruit Baby Sharks to boost your predatory powers
• Equip awesome accessories like Lasers, Jetpacks and Top Hats!
• Find and collect sunken Bonus Objects
• Sink your teeth into loads of challenging missions
• Activate Gold Rush to survive longer and score higher
• Take part in regular in-game events to score limited edition prizes
• Challenge your friends via Facebook social features
• Attack with intuitive touch or tilt controls
• Play offline wherever you are – no Wi-Fi needed!
• Synchronize your game easily across iOS devices
Hungry Shark Evolution is regularly updated with new features, content and challenges to keep you hooked!
Compatible with iOS 7.0 and above.
This app contains In-App Purchases which allow you to buy Gem and Coin currency which can be spent on upgrades and accessories. Gems and Coins can also be collected in game without requiring purchase, or by watching video advertisements from the Treasure screen.
This game contains advertising.
Advertising is disabled if you make any purchase.
Like on Facebook: www.facebook.com/HungrySharkEvolution
Follow on Twitter @Hungry_Shark
Subscribe on YouTube: http://youtube.com/FutureGamesOfLondon
Need support? Have some feedback for us? Contact: [email protected]