NFL Flick Quarterback Review
- 'Playmaker' features unique flick-based challenges.
- Two unlockable trick modes to test your accuracy.
- Slick 3D presentation and polished, easy-to-use flick controls controls.
- Lacks variety; one new mode fails to carry the remaining two.
While not exciting as their earlier releases, Full Fat's NFL Flick Quarterback tries something new with its 'Playmaker' mode and creates something fans of the sport are sure to enjoy.
- Full Review
- App Store Info
It has only been three months or so since Full Fat made their last appearance on the App Store and once again the developer has expanded the 'Flick' series to include all 32 official teams in their new title, NFL Flick Quarterback.
While the idea was first introduced in Flick Golf Extreme!, Flick QB requires players to judge their flicks to not only accurately reach their goal, but also to predict where the receiver is running to in order to score bonuses. To make things even harder the player will also have to dodge opposing players before making their play.
All the usual challenges of fighting against the wind and using after-touch controls to spin and direct the ball once it's in flight help the player to pull off some insane tricks or recover from a terrible initial throw.
If you play enough you'll unlock two additional modes more akin to the Golf and Soccer titles with 'Trick Shot' and 'Trick Shot XL' placing bins at various ranges, tasking you with either sinking the ball as many times as possible or trying to knock over as many bins as possible. It's far from as fresh or exciting as the basic game mode, but it does provide high-score junkies with new games to master for online dominance.
As such, despite the usual refined and polished visuals common to Full Fat's games, NFL Flick Quarterback comes off as a little thin on content, especially if you already have a similar go-to game in your collection. That said, if you're a fan of the NFL and you're after something more than just a basic punting game, give this game a shot.
Description★CALL THE SHOTS. BE THE QUARTERBACK!★
Featuring all 32 official NFL teams, play the most addictive football game on mobile!
"...Boom! it's BIG!"
“...the Best football game in the App Store, and a definite touchdown.”
“...NFL Flick’s graphics are almost as perfect as the gameplay.”
“...an absolute must have for any NFL fan.”
“...another hit from Full Fat. Their flick series of games are the most addicting games that I have ever played in my life.”
NFL Flick Quarterback is the first game to put the guts and glory of offensive passing in your hands. Be the QB of your favorite team - pass to receivers, dodge defenders and make amazing trick shots.
The incredible flick and 'after-touch' controls that have made users across the world love Flick Golf and Flick Soccer are now powering this awesome football-throwing experience.
EVERYONE can play, but are you good enough to become a Hall of Famer?
• Complete passes to try for the highest score in Playmaker
• Face your opponents, avoiding their intelligent movement and interception skills
• Juke oncoming defenders to avoid getting sacked
• Throw as many passes as you can into the trash can in Trick Shot
• Play during the day or night, and even take on the natural elements – can you stand up to the wind like the toughest of NFL QBs?
• Pick your favorite team and customize your jersey name and number to become the QB you’ve always dreamed of becoming
• Play among beautifully rendered 3D stadium environments
• More than 120 unique football player animations
• Dancing cheerleaders before the game
• Game Center leaderboards and achievements
• Stunning high resolution graphics
• Stunningly Enhanced for iPhone 4s!
What's New in Version 1.3• App now under 50Mb for 3G download
• Bug fix
• Image optimization