- Publisher: Slick Entertainment Inc.
- Genre: Entertainment
- Released: 26 Jul, 2012
- Size: 37.8 MB
- Price: $2.99
- Your weapons stack on top of each other, creating a turtle tower.
- With the upgrades, the game sinks its hooks into you easily.
- The controls for shooting are iffy.
- One note gameplay.
Walk along the screen using multiple weapons to shoot goblins, all to get this Shellrazer to the love of his life. Not really that complex, but surprisingly addictive.
- Full Review
- App Store Info
Shellrazer is a classic tale. Boy turtle loves girl turtle. To get to girl turtle, boy turtle has to trek through goblin infested lands. To aid this endeavor, boy turtle is equipped with a gunner, and on his journey stacks on additional help providing offense, defense, and a multitude of upgrades. At least that's what we got out of the few comic book panels that led us into this game of wanton goblin massacre.
The game begins with a machine gunner who has two control options, using either one finger or two fingers. In one finger mode, you swipe out from the gun you wish to use, then hold down your finger and move to aim the gun as it tears through the opposition. Two finger mode primes the weapon with one finger while the other finger brings up an aiming reticule for more precise destruction. Both control schemes don't always work as planned, but we found the one finger option a lot more useful to litter the screen with shells and gunfire (and just to clarify, we mean ammunition, not what sits atop the turtle's back). As you rescue members of the Klang clan, they will stack their guns higher atop your turtle, and after a few stages you'll have a veritable stack of death plodding along at a slow and steady pace (although if you feel you're moving too slow, you can tap the turtle's feet to get him to speed up).
As you move through the levels, there were will chests to shoot open, and gold will fly out of your defeated foes. All this money goes towards upgrades once the stage ends. You can buy food for your turtle that effects battle, you can buy armor for the gunners, or you can upgrade the gunner's themselves. This is by far the best option, as you'll receive food and armor as spoils of war at the end of each stage.
It's the way this store is set up, and the continued feeding of new attachments to your mobile battalion every few stages that goes towards making Shellrazer highly addictive. The ramping up of invading goblin forces in each new stage is handled admirably as the numbers seem overwhelming, but it should be nothing you can't handle, and there are more than enough stages to give you value for your purchase. If anything it goes to show how fine-tuning a player's increase in power can be the difference between 'fun but forgettable', and a game you have to keep playing.
DescriptionTop 5 Paid App in the USA, Canada and Australia
★★HUGE FREE UPDATE★★
Ice-Breaker adds 25 new levels, two new champions and hordes of vile Yeti warriors for you to fight.
★ "Turtles and Gunpowder is a Recipe for Fun" - (4/5) - TouchArcade.com
★ "I highly recommend picking up Shellrazer today." - (4.5/5) EDITOR'S CHOICE - 148Apps
★ "a colossally compelling experience." - (5/5) - iFanZine
RIDE YOUR GIANT WAR TURTLE TO VICTORY OVER THE NASTY GOBLINS!!
• Critically acclaimed side-scrolling shooter!
• Rescue and level up 15 different champions.
• Each champion has 8 specialized upgrades to reach their full potential.
• 50+ different enemies to battle.
• More than 75 levels for hours and hours of gameplay.
• Customize your champions with more than 30 different items.
• Unleash the incredible powers of your War Turtle by feeding him 25+ different types of chow.
• Gorgeous and hilarious cartoon art.
• 15 Different achievements to test the heartiest of warriors.
• Retina Display and iPhone 5 ready
• Multitouch controls for crazy combos.
• Universal App and iCloud let you share save games between your Apple devices.
You are a Klang Clan Turtle Wrangler and you must ensure your War Turtle completes his annual trek across the Goblin Kingdoms. Battle hordes of goblin archers, ballooners, sheep riders, mutant monsters and steampunk war machines and collect their loot to keep your edge in battle.
Rescue Klang Clan prisoners and recruit them to your cause. Curtis the War Wizard, Gunnar Gunnarson the Heavy Gunner and Klang the Mechanic are only a few of the warriors who will join your on your journey. Experiment with different combinations and set-up your War Turtle with your favorite characters to complete your quest.
As you travel the continent, you must battle over mountains, through swamps, across torrid deserts and lush beaches. Discover armor, ammunition, super-powers turtle food and other items to aid you in your quest.
The critics love Shellrazer!
★ "Shellrazer is one of the best side-scrolling arcade titles I’ve played in a while." - (4.5/5) - The App Shack
★ "This game is more than a pretty shell, it's a full package firepower and fun." - (4.5/5) - Gamezebo
★ "as different, and as exciting, a game as any we've ever played on our mobiles." - Gametrailers.com
★ "Shellrazer for the iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad is a simply epic game." - (4.9/5) - The Apple Tree
★ "Funner than a frog doing something on another frog." Texarkana Tumbleweed - The Besties Podcast
★ "It is a brilliant game, and you should definitely get it" - (4.5/5) - chuknum.com
★ "Shellrazer is an intriguing title that keeps us coming back for more." - (4/5) - AppSmile.com
★ "Shellrazer seems set on quenching the thirst of iOS side-scroller fans everywhere." - Pocket Gamer
PS: If you have trouble running the game, instead of posting a bad review that we can't react to, please contact us at ShellRazer@slickentertainment.com! We'll be glad to help out!
Some solutions/workarounds to problems people have reported:
- The game is saved per Gamecenter account. If you find your save game isn't appearing, please log into the Gamecenter account you started the save game with. If you started the game without being signed in to Gamecenter, please sign out of Gamecenter to see your save game.
- If you find the game crashes, the most common problem is that there are too many active Apps in the background taking up all the memory on the device. Please remove the apps in the multitask bar, or completely turn off your device by holding the power button for 5 seconds and then restart it.