Into the Dead Review
- Very atmospheric.
- Such a simple idea executed so well.
- The skill to complete the missions are mismatched with the difficulty curve of the game.
A refreshing take on the zombie game that while simple, and perhaps without longevity, is full of immersive atmosphere.
- Full Review
- App Store Info
Oh look, another zombie apocalypse game. What? It's an endless runner as well, that has a store to upgrade your chances of survival and the length of the game? Gee, we haven't seen anything like this before, he said sarcastically. With all this being the case, Into the Dead does something astonishing. It offers a breathtakingly gorgeous engaging gaming experience.
Load the game up, and you'll start right near a crashed helicopter. Turning around, there's nothing but fields and the undead all around you. There's only one course of action... run! You can choose your method of flight, but the tilt controls work excellently and you'll be weaving through zombies in no time. You can brush past them, and any other obstacles that get in your way, but come into a head-on collision, and you've just become that zombie's dinner.
The coins you obtain for your run and completing the game's missions are used in the store to unlock weapons, but they're also used for perks. Perks are equipped at the start of the game. Each perk cost one hundred coins, and you can equip the whole gamut if you have the cash and the desire to (which funnily enough is one the missions that becomes available). The whole store aspect isn't really that intrusive either. The only problem is that the game... well it's not the most difficult experience out there, and chances are any gamer with an intermediate level of skill shall reach some of the new locations, but the missions that are completed for reaching these locations come along a little later. What we're saying is that some balancing is this area might need to happen.
Now the presentation is one reason the experience is so enjoyable. Atmosphere is the key word here, with the camera angle, the fog, the color palette, and the lighting all coming together to create something visually rich, especially on a mobile device. On older phones, performance is a problem, with some frame rate loss, but nothing that shouldn't sort itself out a few seconds into your run.
So while the actual game isn't that complex and the difficulty curve takes a little while to kick in, Into the Dead is a joy to play, and an easy recommend, even for those who are sick of both zombies and endless runners.
DescriptionIn a world overrun with the Dead, you have survived… but for how long?
Into the Dead throws you into the gruesome world of the zombie apocalypse where there are no second chances. Do what you have to in order to stay alive, keep moving as fast as you can, and protect yourself by any means necessary. When the Dead are rising, run!
• Intense gameplay with stunning visuals & sound depicting a grim zombie apocalypse
• Unlock an arsenal of powerful weapons and perks to help you stay alive
• Missions and minigoals provide constant challenges to overcome
• Challenge your friends to beat your high scores and compete on global leaderboards
• Ongoing updates to deliver new modes, features, and content
OTHER PIKPOK GAMES
Flick Kick Field Goal
Flick Kick Football
Slam Dunk King
Super Monsters Ate My Condo
Twang the Fox
NEWS & EVENTS
What's New in Version 1.3.1New in 1.3.1
• "No Ads" option available in store
• Bug Fixes
New in recent versions:
• Hardcore Mode added - can you handle it?
• French, German, Italian, Spanish and Portuguese translations added. Performance fixes
• New zombie theme packs! Footballer and WWII zombies!
• Massacre Mode added! kill based scoring, new map layout