8bit Ninja Review
- A nice selection of power-ups that can be upgraded for greater effect.
- Not much to the game.
- Many of the more interesting elements need to be paid for (either by grinding or in app purchase).
While you may have some fun dodging falling fruit, there's just not enough game here to keep you playing for long.
- Full Review
- App Store Info
In the world of iPhone games, it has come to be known that the true arch enemy of the ninja is indeed fruit. After a couple successful years of slicing through their juicy nemesis with wanton abandon, a massive counter-offensive has been launched and now one poor little eight bit ninja is fleeing for his life trying not to be trampled by gigantic bouncing watermelons and coconuts
Trapped in your dojo, you move the ninja left and right using the arrows at the bottom of the screen. Avoid getting crushed by the fruit, grab the coins, and have some fun with the power-ups. As time goes on, the fruit attacks with more frequency, and even changes direction! Surviving long enough will activate your ninja power, which on the starting character deflects away fruit for a short amount of time. Once crushed, you can start the game all over again or visit the store to spend your coins or dragon eggs on more power-ups, and upgrades to those power-ups (oh yes, and new stages and ninjas as well).
The power-ups range from XP and treasure boosts while playing, to time slowdowns and weapons such as spinning blades, or a rocket launcher (both quite adept at obliterating any incoming melon or citrus). All power-ups can be upgraded to last longer or to have more benefit, and it's choosing which three to take with you during play that adds some much needed variety and a dash of excitement to the gameplay.
Some will find the fruit dodging and grinding to upgrade fun, but the power-ups just aren't enough to keep the dodging gameplay entertaining after a few games (let alone the amount needed to unlock the more exciting power-ups if you don't want to spend any money on in-app purchases). A fun little arcade time waster with good presentation, but nothing to keep you playing for long.
DescriptionWARNING! TOO ADDICTIVE TO PUT DOWN!
Meet 8bit the little ninja and help him avoid the angry crowd's fruit attack!
In this juicy ninja game, your goal is to survive as long as possible while avoiding waves of melons, coconuts, oranges, lemons and the ultra rare dragon fruits! Use your ninja weapon arsenal to blow the fruits into tasty pieces! Yummy!
8bit is not alone in his quest, meet his friends each with unique abilities!
- Nominated by Toucharcade forums as Game of the Week.
- "A game that typifies smartphone gaming at its best." - PocketGamer.co.uk
- "The game is extremely accessible and its touch controls are great." - TouchArcade.com
- "We loved 8bit Ninja and think it's a great game with fun retro graphics and extremely replayable." - SlideToPlay.com
- "You might just find it sneaking up and becoming your new iOS addiction." - GameZebo.com
- "Perfect for killing some time." - RazorianFly.com
- "Just pure old school joy. Five Stars." - Applala.com
- "If Apps were women, I would marry this one." - AustinAlaska (US)
Swipe with two fingers sideways to activate/deactivate Retro Mode!
-Simple and fun gameplay
-Beautiful pixel art graphics
-Addictive and tasty fruit slicing with various ninja weapons
-Multiple characters to choose from, each with unique abilities
-Earn XP while playing and level up your ninjas, just like a RPG!
-Fun coin collecting to buy more weapons in the shop
-Super secret RETRO mode!
Like 8bit on Facebook!
Please rate the game five stars for more cool updates!