Might & Magic Clash of Heroes Review
- Perfectly paced campaign; hands you enough content to keep things challenging and changes before getting mundane.
- Beautiful visuals; beautiful homage to the JRPG and its ilk while still remaining faithful to the Might & Magic world.
- Relatively small sprites makes unit highlighting (deletion more specifically) difficult at times.
For fans of the title, don't expect much in the way of changes that demand a repurchase - but with that said, if you haven't played the game or simply enjoy the idea of playing Clash of Heroes on the go, this is an easy must have.
- Full Review
- App Store Info
The appearance of Might & Magic Clash of Heroes on the iOS platform marks its third transplantation from the original DS release. After garnering praise for both its handheld and console release, mobile gamers can now experience the wonderfully paced and executed Tactical-RPG from Capybara Games, the minds behind Critter Crunch and co-authors of Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP.
Explaining the mechanics might take a moment, but those paying attention may already remember a game or two on the App Store that has mimicked it. Once in combat you're faced with a playfield split in half. From here the player is given a limited number of turns to shift units from each column to create 'formations', either of the defensive or offensive variety, to deploy against the enemy. Advanced techniques allow players to 'chain' and even 'fuse' formations to create powerful attacks and blockades alike - and if all else fails the player can deploy powerful magic once their power-meter is filled during battle.
It's a surprisingly nuanced combat system that manages to invoke the strategic play of the larger 'Heroes of Might and Magic' series, while remaining entirely unique in its style and execution. Players can still use legendary creatures, each with their own special ability, and thanks to the relatively short campaigns you'll never get a chance to tire of the race you're using.
And while the visuals certainly can't compare to the console and PC releases of the game, they're still just as crisp and beautiful as ever... with one exception. Tapping and dragging is the primary form of control and both feel sluggish and sticky respectively. Holding to delete specific units is also problematic even with the game placing a highlight over them.
For those yet to play Clash of Heroes it's hard to beat the generous entry fee and gameplay time (clocking in at around 20+ hours). The fact that you also get online play as well as pass-and-play multiplayer options only helps to clinch this as a must have unless you've played it too many times already.
Description..:: APP STORE EDITORS’ CHOICE ::..
GOLD AWARD – Pocket Gamer UK – “Some of the most smart and addictive battles around”
4/4 – Slide to Play – “A remarkably fun strategy game"
9/10 – CVG – “Essential”
8,5/10 – IGN – “Hours and hours of single- and multiplayer fun”
5/5 – App Spy – “This is an easy must have”
GAME IN ENGLISH, FRENCH, ITALIAN, SPANISH, GERMAN, RUSSIAN, CZECH
The award-winning Puzzle-RPG is now remastered and optimized for iOS devices!
Live the epic adventure of 5 young Heroes leading their armies to save the world of Might & Magic.
DISCOVER A UNIQUE MIX OF RPG AND PUZZLE BATTLE MECHANICS
• Create offensive or defensive unit formations, master advanced combos and build up the right strategy to beat your enemies.
• Master, earn and hire more than 10 heroes, 40 units and 50 artifacts to create the ultimate army combination.
• Overcome various challenges: enemy heroes, special challenges, Boss fights or riddle battles.
• After each battle, earn XP and level up your hero and units to become more powerful.
• Experience smooth touch-based controls.
LIVE AN EPIC ADVENTURE
• Play through a 20+ hours campaign in 5 different settings.
• Explore vibrant and highly detailed maps full of knights, elves, wizards, necromancers and demons and interact with a unique manga-inspired environment.
• Enjoy the rich Might & Magic graphics and music on your iOS device, all in HD!
• Challenge your friends and adversaries all over the world in the Online, Face-to-Face and Pass & Play modes.
DISCOVER THE MIGHT & MAGIC UNIVERSE: http://mightandmagic.com
• VISIT OUR FACEBOOK PAGE: http://www.facebook.com/MightandMagic
• MORE UBISOFT MOBILE GAMES: https://www.facebook.com/UbisoftMobileGames
• Requires 650 Mo of free space to be installed (it’s a big game!)
• As Might & Magic Clash of Heroes Mobile is a full HD quality game with a huge amount of great visual assets, it could use a lot of your Device’s memory. If you’re experiencing crashes or low framerate, we strongly suggest closing the running applications.
What's New in Version 1.4.0The development team is continuously improving the game in order to offer you the best game experience possible! In the meantime, some issues have been recently fixed, including:
-Most of the crashes encountered by our users are now fixed
-Most of the Campaign and Multiplayer bugs are now fixed (iCloud Synchronization, Visual glitches, online freezes)
Many features have also been improved, you can now:
-Edit your army from the Versus Objective screen without fleeing
-Access more details about your opponents on the Versus Objective Screen
-Drag & drop your units to select them
-Navigate more easily thanks to various improvements in menus (Characters, Artifact selection)