Where's My Mickey? Review
- Classic Where's my Water? gameplay.
- Lots of content.
- Cute animations after each level.
- Fans of the original might feel like they're retreading old ground.
- Mickey's "Oh boy!" gets old pretty quickly.
Another solid use of the Where's My Water? license. And, as long as Disney continue to produce iterations which are this polished, we're fine with that.
- Full Review
- App Store Info
We'll give Disney its due: when they come across an award winning formula, they certainly know how to extract every drop of interest free from it. After Where's my Water?, Where's my Perry?, and other holiday and seasonal spin-offs we now have a version of 'Where's my' gameplay starring Disney's main mascot himself, Mickey Mouse. Who do they think they are, Rovio?
We're just playing, of course. The truth of the matter is that in the world of bite-size physics puzzlers, the original Where's my Water? is among the best the genre has to offer. While the sequel and the spin-offs have taken the franchise in different directions, Where's my Mickey? is closest in gameplay to the original.
It's a scorching summer day and Mickey has the entrepreneurial idea to sell lemonade to a mob of thirsty clientele. The only problem is he's short of precious H2O. Naturally, it's up to you to aid him as he fills his bucket, and humorously sends lemons to their doom.
Veterans of the series will be familiar with the basic mechanics of using your finger to dig trenches and lead the water along a path, filling up the three stars along the way if you wish. The newest addition in this sequel are rain clouds, and the wind currents that control them. Think of the clouds as water receptacles. To trigger a brief shower, simply give them tap. As you would imagine, you can manipulate the wind to push the clouds around the sky - and completely off the stage if you aren't careful.
As always, some solutions are straightforward, while others take a bit of pre-planning. This goes double if you want to collect the all the stars along the way. At the end of each stage the player is treated with a little vignette involving the lemonade stand. There is a new one at the end of every single stage, and as a reward mechanic, it's certainly a creative one.
With plenty of content (and a lot more coming if this is anything like the previous releases), fans of physics puzzlers will certainly get their money's worth here. It may not be a completely innovative idea, but Where's My Mickey? shows that there is still a surprising amount of juice still to be squeezed from this franchise.
DescriptionJoin Mickey on a brand new adventure in Disney’s most popular mobile game franchise!
Where's My Mickey? introduces a whole new world of life-like physics-based gameplay with stimulating weather mechanics and humorous animations. Immerse yourself in the ultimate mobile gaming experience as you watch funny episodes while solving challenging puzzles! Tap, swipe, and swirl to help Mickey collect water and complete each story. Every drop counts!
• Original Episodes – Explore up to 5 unique episodes with surprising and witty scenarios! Watch how each story unfolds and ends as you play through individual level packs!
• Brand New Weather Mechanics – Use wind, clouds and rain to maneuver through 100+ levels filled with fun challenges!
• A Whole New Look – A classic Mickey art-style with a contemporary touch, inspired by Disney Channel’s new series of Mickey Cartoons!
• Collectibles and Bonus Levels – Help Pluto look for hidden collectibles to unlock more bonus puzzles!
• Stuck on extra challenging puzzles? – Get a hint to help you out!
• Featuring Mickey and Friends – Discover more hilarious episodes with Goofy & Minnie Mouse!
Try 6 Goofy puzzles for FREE and unlock the remaining episodes for a small additional price!
Now a sneak preview of the first episode – “When Life Gives You Lemons”:
On a hot summer day, Mickey decides to open up a lemonade stand. He’s got a bowl, the lemons, and a long line of thirsty customers, yet NO WATER! Help Mickey collect water and “tri-star” each level for ultimate fun! Even the stars are animated!
Visit www.facebook.com/WheresMyWater for more hints, tips and secrets.
What's New in Version 1.1.0Check out brand new stories featuring Minnie Mouse!
• Watch Mickey Cartoons and play new levels that are inspired by the stories! Available in selected regions.
• Stuck? Use the new hints feature to help solve those extra challenging puzzles!