Rabbids Big Bang Review
- Animations are slick and full of personality.
- Galaxies are pretty.
- Has a decent number of levels.
- Missions are tedious and repetitive.
- Jetpack control system is restrictive and frustrating.
- Stingy fuel system steers you toward IAPs.
Rabbid Big Bang's good looks and slick animations can't hide its underwhelming flying mechanics and boring missions.
- Full Review
- App Store Info
In Rabbids Big Bang, your rabbid astronaut spends an awful lot of time drifting through space hoping to bump into something interesting. Though we're actually talking about the mechanics of this space-based physics puzzler, this description neatly sums up our state of mind as we coasted through level after level, waiting for something exciting to happen.
You take control of two rabbids. One of the floppy-eared psychos has a baseball bat, the other a spacesuit. The batter's sole purpose is to thwack his astronaut pal into orbit. From there, it's up to you to fire the furry spaceman's rocket pack and direct him towards fuel pellets, coins, and mission objectives.
As you work your way through the early levels the galaxy begins to expand, revealing more planets to visit, and interstellar traffic like UFOs and cows. Given that you only have limited fuel reserves, you have use the gravitational pull of planets and moons to generate enough momentum to complete the task at hand.
Which brings us to major gripe number one: The missions are dull.
Though the underlying goal throughout is to collect all the coins, each level has a specific goal. You might be asked to fly a set distance, or orbit a planet a few of times. Sometimes, you'll be asked to crash into a UFO, or collect X number of coins.
The thing is, these objectives are not very satisfying to complete. Doing laps of planets and boosting for 20 seconds is hardly gripping stuff, and you quickly begin to wish for the fling-and-smash catharsis of Angry Birds Space.
Which brings us to the controls. As you have no direct control over your rabbid's orientation, you have to watch him rotate until he's pointing in the desired direction before firing your boosters. There's knack to maintaining an orbital path, but it can be very frustrating to actually get where you want to go.
This annoyance is compounded by the fuel gauge, which runs out far too quickly. If you're nowhere near a fuel blob, then you have the option to buy more fuel with gold coins mid flight. Of course, if you're running low on gold coins, you can always top-up your balance via in-app purchases, something which the game is keen for you to do.
Between the stingy fuel allocation, the haphazard controls, and the dull missions, it's very difficult to recommend Rabbids Big Bang to anyone other than series die-hards. Best to leave this one drifting in the void.
DescriptionForget the Milky Way! This is the Rabbids Way!
Rabbids Big Bang is the first Rabbids physic-based game on mobile devices that lets you pilot a Rabbid in space with the tip of your finger!
BECOME AN EXPERT RABBID PILOT WITH ONLY ONE FINGER!
* Use a bat to thrust a Rabbid into space…
* … and control its trajectory using the jetpack and planet gravity.
* Play tactically as your fuel will drain when you boost.
* Don’t crash into the planets... unless you’re asked to!
COMPLETE 150 SILLY AND CHALLENGING MISSIONS
* Explore 10 different wacky galaxies each of them offering 15 missions.
* Bounce on Space Duckies, hit Space Cows, or fly your Rabbid to the Sun.
* Use our ranking system to progress with your Rabbid and unlock achievements.
UPGRADE & CUSTOMIZE YOUR RABBID
* Collection coins to upgrade the jetpack and increase its power.
* Customize your Rabbid with new helmets, bats and more for the funniest looks.
* Equip your Rabbid with special items and master the galaxy of fun!
THE RABBIDS WACKY HUMOR
Space cows, cheese planets, UFOs… Your Rabbid will have more than one occasion to scream Bwaaah…and so will you!
NOTICE 1: Rabbids Big Bang is currently not supported on the iPod Touch 4
NOTICE 2: If the game crashes during the loading on your Apple device:
If you are on a 2G/Edge network, try to put the device in "Airplane mode"
Rabbids Big Bang is made for your children! It includes a parental gate that prevents accidental in-app purchases.
This game can be downloaded over the air, no Wi-Fi needed to play!
Game available in: English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Japanese, Chinese, Korean, Brazilian Portuguese and Russian.
Stay on top of your game! Get the latest news, deals, and more at....
If you have any feedback, please email us at email@example.com
What's New in Version 2.0.2The Rabbids Galaxy is expanding! Discover Twin Moon, an all new crazy world including 15 frantic missions!
They may be wacky little Rabbids, but they care about you: they listen to the community to help us deliver the best game experience!
* FPS optimization : The game is more fluid
* The Rabbids space mission status is now full green: the occasional game crashes at launch have been fixed!
* Parental gate has been deactivated in order to improve the Rabbids experience
* Enjoy your Rabbid game from every angle! You can now zoom and move camera while in pause state!