Tree Wars Review
- Nice art style
- Good range of levels
- Simple and fun gameplay
- Very challenging if you are unwilling to grind or pay for power ups
- Often all you will be doing is waiting to tap a button
Despite its cute appearance and accessible controls, Tree Wars is a tough strategy game which often leaves you with little to do but tap.
- Full Review
- App Store Info
Until now, we weren't aware of any animosity between squirrels and beavers. But, according to Funday Factory's new 2D tower defence game Tree Wars, the rivalry between these species runs deep.
This age-old battle stems from the squirrels home, the Tree of Life. As the name suggests, the arboreal homestead is quite important, and the little red rodents are sworn to protect it from the tree-munching beavers.
The result of this confrontation is an odd blend of cute and cruel, as the two cuddly races of cartoon critters begin to slice each other to death on the battlefield.
Taking command of the squirrels is an easy task. Tapping the appropriate icon will summon one of cute rodents from their tower on one side of the map. From there they will walk mindlessly forward along the path toward the beaver's lodge (or lodges), stopping only to attack enemy forces, and only turning at forks in the road if you've told them too.
There are a range of different unit types, upgrades, and power ups available. These can be added to your arsenal during the course of each stage by unlocking them with golden acorns, which are awarded for destroying the opposition.
There is little advantage to waiting to summon specific units. So, calling squirrels into battle the moment their cooldown timer expires is what you will spend most of the game doing. That, and occasionally altering the path along which your troops advance.
This streamlining is also Tree Wars' biggest problem. Despite the game's multiple difficulty levels and a strategic powers and buffs, most of the time you will just find yourself waiting for a button to light up so you can execute your 'strategy'.
At its best, Tree Wars is an entertaining, fast-paced tower defence game. Unfortunately, at its worst, the game is little more than a panicked scramble to call the next squirrel.
Description"It may be the best premise of a game ever...it feels more polished than some AAA games" 9/10 -GodisaGeek.com
Join the epic battle between squirrels and beavers!
Simple to learn but hard to master. Tree Wars is the addictive squirrel-strategy game that will leave you out of breath. Captain your heroic squirrel troops to battle but beware of the beaver brutes – they have quite a few tricks up their sleeves. Customize your beaver-bashing strategy with an assortment of spells, upgrades and squirrels. Can you fight off the evil beavers and win back the Tree of Life?
Tree Wars features:
• Attack the evil beavers with footmen, archers, and flying squirrels!
• Turn the tides of war with healing, fireballs, frostray and fury!
• Promote your spells and fierce squirrel heroes during battle!
• Use your golden acorns to unlock massive spells!
• Accelerate the war effort with your diamond pinecones!
• Challenge yourself with 10 unique levels in three difficulties!
If you have any problems or suggestions, we would love to hear from you! You can reach us at:
Visit Funday Factory on www.fb.me/fundayfactory for the latest news and exclusive sneak peeks
What's New in Version 1.2* Tuned down the difficulty of early levels
* Fixed a bug in level 2 where a squirrel would get stuck (Thanks to JCho133 from the TA forum)
* Fixed a bug where the AI’s fireball cooldown was reduced permanently, resulting in a barrage of fire and mayhem (Thanks to Jrec15 and ste86uk from the TA forum)
* Fixed a bug where the next level would not unlock after a victory, if the retry button was used in a previous attempt (Thanks to Jrec15 from the TA forum)
* Fixed a bug where flying squirrels would ressurrect after retrying a level (Thanks to ste86uk from the TA forum)
* Turned up the music volume (Thanks to Exact-Psience from the TA forum)
Thanks for beta testing guys!