Family Guy: The Quest for Stuff Review
- Looks like Family Guy
- The interface works
- Ridiculous IAPs
- Tap, tap, wait, tap
- Offensive jokes lose charm in text bubble form
A cynical imitation of an already dull game, we would rather download Windows updates than play Family Guy: The Quest for Stuff.
- Full Review
- App Store Info
Our feelings towards Family Guy as a show oscillate wildly. While at times its offensive jokes can seem cruel and almost bigoted, when they hit their stride the writers and performers can deliver big laughs. What Family Guy: The Quest for Stuff manages to do is strip away any uncertainty, handing you a package containing the show's worst aspects in a box that looks remarkable similar to the one which houses The Simpsons: Tapped Out.
The game is predicated on rebuilding the town of Quahog following its destruction at the hands of Peter. You do this by monotonously tapping on characters to set them tasks. Once they finish their current task you will be rewarded with money, XP, or Golden Clams, all of which allow you to construct more buildings and unlock more people to mindlessly tap on.
To make matters worse, The Quest for Stuff doesn’t even let you play. Within ten minutes of starting you will need to set your device down for an hour or so to let your character finish their current task. The only other option is to invest in overpriced and aggressively advertised in-app purchases to buy Golden Clams to speed up timers.
On the off-chance you want to tap more, it is possible to tour other players’ games in the Multiverse. At the press of a button Stewie will take you to another, creepily similar town that is somehow filled with better stuff. Once there you get straight back to tapping for additional XP and money, rewards that seems painfully small given your paitence.
If you're a fan of the show, you might be thinking that humour could redeem The Quest for Stuff. But you will be sorely disappointed. Its unvoiced text bubbles trot out tired in-jokes that struggle to land without the voice cast’s comic timing. This leaves the humour flat at best, and at worst outright offensive as you are treated to anti semitic joke, and then asked to wait while your buildings generate more cash.
Family Guy: The Quest for Stuff is the worst kind of free-to-play cash in, and an unoriginal one at that. With dull gameplay, aggressive IAPs, and offensive jokes, there is nothing here to recommend.
DescriptionAfter another epic battle with the giant chicken, Peter Griffin has accidentally destroyed Quahog! Play for FREE and rally your favorite FG characters (even Meg) to save the city in a hilarious new adventure from the writers of Family Guy. Or don’t, and regret it forever!
EXCLUSIVE CONTENT ONLY ON THE APP STORE: Play the “Fool’s Gold” quest line to help Peter realize his dream of becoming filthy rich! ONLY available for players on iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch devices!
• It’s Free! Freakin’ free? Freakin’ sweet!
• Create a living Quahog that fits enjoyably in your pants
• Unlock hilarious outfits for your characters like Mermaid Peter, Bikini-Clad Quagmire, and Rambo Lois
• Send your characters on ridiculous quests
• Keep Quahog safe from pirates, evil chickens, and other invasions
• Peterfy your town with decorations such as The Petercopter, The Peterdactyl, and The Hindenpeter
• Unlock hundreds of brand new and classic animations
PS: You can play this game in French, Italian, German, Spanish, Russian, and Brazilian Portuguese!
PPS: Don’t forget to watch new episodes of Family Guy on Sundays - only on FOX!
Check out all the latest news & updates for Family Guy: The Quest for Stuff:
• Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/playfamilyguy
• Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/playfamilyguy
• Follow Peter on Instagram: www.instagram.com/peterpumpkineater69
• Check out awesome Family Guy clips, episodes, pictures, and more: www.fox.com/family-guy
Note: This game offers in-app purchases, which may be disabled through your device settings. See http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4213 for more info
What's New in Version 1.25.0Peter found some old dinosaur eggs, and he plans to hatch them. The next step is to build a theme park, of course! Join Cavewoman Lois, Paleo Joe, and Dilophosaurus Chris as they help Peter build Quahog's newest attraction!
• Hatch your very own dinosaurs in Quahog.
• Contain the dinosaurs that are running wild.
• Collect exclusive dinosaur park skins and characters!
But will this mean dino destruction for Quahog? Find out when you visit Peter's Prehistoric Park