- Unique concept
- Streamlined visuals are effective
- It's never 100% clear what your goal really is
- Can be more confusing and frustrating than fun
It's certainly a novel take on the futuristic auto-runner / match-three formulas, but the lack of internal harmony means Kapsula can sometime be more confusing than entertaining.
- Full Review
- App Store Info
What do you get when you combine a futuristic arcade racer with a match-three puzzler?
The answer is Kapsula, a peculiar mash-up of genres and ideas from developer Beavl Games.
In addition to making you navigate your vehicle around a minimalistic sci-fi cityscape, the game also encourages you to merge with other vehicles by crashing into them. You can then create chains of colour which must be wiped out for points.
Pocket Gamer review Harry Slater was a bit bemused by the game, as you can hear in the video review above.
DescriptionKapsula is a puzzle/racer set in a Soviet space colony full of clones. *WARNING: It's a difficult game, comrade!
“It's a little like twitchy Tetris on a race track.” ~ Chris Priestman (Pocketgamer.co.uk)
- Retrofuturistic Soviet space colonies!
- Brutalist architecture in deep space!
- More clones!
- Background story filled with SF elements!
- Even more clones!
- The game changes according to the moment of the day you're playing it!
- Original OST by TranceCyberian.
- Drawings by Fernando Martínez Ruppel.
NOTE: We believe in iterative development, so we will be adding lots of stuff we come up with to the game in future updates (and stuff you suggest to us too! Just email us within the app, make a comment in our web or mention us on Twitter to stay in touch!)
WEB VERSION (FREE!) + Changelog: http://playkapsula.com
Kapsula site → http://playkapsula.com
+1 us! → https://plus.google.com/+Beavl
Like us! → http://facebook.com/beavlgames
Follow us! → http://twitter.com/beavlgames
What's New in Version 1.2- Minor bug fixes
- Watch a video to get another shot inside the Kapsula, comrade!