Halo: Spartan Strike iPad Review
- Publisher: Microsoft Corporation
- Genre: Entertainment
- Released: 16 Apr, 2015
- Size: 765.8 MB
- Price: $2.99
- Bite-sized levels
- Nails that Halo feel
- No multiplayer
- Controls sometimes a bit sticky
A gorgeous, surprisingly deep shooter that sucks you back into Halo's universe. Fun and flashy in all the right ways.
- Full Review
- App Store Info
What happens when Halo comes to iOS? Halo: Spartan Strike is what happens. But is the top-down twin-stick shooter worthy of Master Chief's legacy? Harry from Pocket Gamer grabs a battle rifle and finds that yes, yes it is.
DescriptionDelve into 30 challenging missions through cities and jungles using a devastating arsenal of weapons, abilities and vehicles including the iconic Warthog against the Covenant and Promethean enemies.
You are a Spartan supersoldier in this classified ONI simulation that starts during the events of Halo 2 on New Mombasa in 2552. Lead UNSC troops through numerous missions battling against new enemies to save Earth from being overtaken.
• Crush your enemies using the iconic Warthog or sweep them from the battlefield using the all-new Kestrel VTOL.
• Face off against Promethean enemies; deadly mechanical warriors who seek mankind’s annihilation.
• Experience an all-new story that will take you from New Mombasa on Earth to the enigmatic Gamma Halo located at the edge of charted space.
• Earn achievements, complete weekly challenges and take the top position against friends in leaderboards that showcase your Halo gaming skills.
What's New in Version 1.1•Xbox Live integration– Sign in with your Xbox Live account to earn Xbox Achievements and compete with your friends on the Leaderboards.
•Shared Progress – Your Halo: Spartan Strike progress is now shared between the iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch.
•More control options – New control options have been added, allowing you to set aim-assist on or off and adjust the virtual stick sensitivity.
•New controller schemes – Five new controller schemes have been added. Pick the one that matches your play style and crush the Covenant and Prometheans!