Top 10 Games of April... According To The Critics and You
Since the start of the year AppSpy has been plugged in to the board over at QualityIndex.com, contributing scores to the overmind of reviewers and critics who would dare to lay judgement upon the apps of the world. While scores aren't everything and one score is most certainly only a minor indicator of a game's worth, having a broad selection of respectable sources along with scores taken from reviews on the App Store itself does make it a bit easier to see where things lie.
While you may have just viewed my Top 3 iOS Games for March and April, it might be interesting to see what the gaming Gestalt has to say about April's best releases:
10. You Don't Know Jack - Jellyvision Games (8.3)
9. Burn It All - Bulkypix (8.5)
8. Air Penguin - Gamevil (8.5)
7. Woozzle - Lukas Korba (8.7)
6. Gears - Crescent Moon Games (8.8)
5. Flick Kick Chelsea - PikPok (8.9)
4. Snuggle Truck - Owlchemy Labs (9.0)
3. World of Goo - 2D Boy (9.2)
2. Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP Micro - Capybara Games (9.5)
1. Coin Drop! - Full Fat (9.6)
I don't think I have much to say about the top three considering they're all so good that you could interchange any of them freely (that's my story and I'm sticking to it!). The real surprise is the meteoric rise of Flick Kick Chelsea, but I'll let Richard weigh in on this one:
"With echoes of the Barclays Premier League title race, a late critical surge shot Flick Kick Chelsea up our monthly league table, but it was too little, too late to lift the crown."
(If you come from one of the few countries in the world that doesn't worship football, that may fly over your head, but I assure you it was apropos.)
If numbers are your thing and you're looking for something off the beaten track, check out Qi.