Kakuro: Number Crossword
- App Store Info
DescriptionFill empty squares so each block sums up to the number on its left or on its top. Each puzzle consists of a blank grid with sum-clues in various places. The object is to fill all empty squares using numbers 1 to 9 so the sum of each horizontal block equals the clue on its left, and the sum of each vertical block equals the clue on its top. In addition, no number may be used in the same block more than once.
Kakuro are addictive logic puzzles best described as number-crosswords. Using pure logic and simple add/subtract calculations, these fascinating puzzles offer endless fun and intellectual entertainment to puzzle fans of all skills and ages.
The game includes zoom for easier solving of large puzzles, as well as helpful features such as showing possible sum combinations in a block, showing the sum remainder of a block, and using pencilmarks to make temporary placement of numbers in the grid.
To help see the puzzle progress, graphic previews in the puzzle list show the progress of all puzzles in a volume as they are being solved. A Gallery view option provides these previews in a larger format.
For more fun, Conceptis Kakuro includes a Weekly Bonus section providing an extra free puzzle each week.
• 200 free Kakuro puzzle samples
• Extra bonus puzzle published free each week
• Multiple difficulty levels from very easy to extremely hard
• Grid sizes up to 22x22
• Also includes 5-grid Samurai Kakuro
• Puzzle library continuously updates with new content
• Manually selected, top quality puzzles
• Unique solution for each puzzle
• Hours of intellectual challenge and fun
• Sharpens logic and improves cognitive skills
• Unlimited check puzzle
• Show errors during gameplay
• Unlimited Undo and Redo
• Pencilmarks feature for solving hard puzzles
• Autofill pencilmarks mode
• Show Sum Combinations feature
• Show Sum Remainder feature
• Concurrently playing and saving multiple puzzles
• Puzzle filtering, sorting and archiving options
• Graphic previews showing puzzles progress as they are being solved
• Enlarge, reduce, move puzzle for easy viewing
• Portrait and landscape screen support (iPad only)
• Track puzzle solving times
• Backup & restore puzzle progress to iCloud
Kakuro have also become popular under other names such as Kakkuro, Cross Sums and Tashizan Cross. Similar to Sudoku, Hashi and Slitherlink, the puzzles are solved using logic alone. All puzzles in this app are produced by Conceptis Ltd. - the leading supplier of logic puzzles to printed and electronic gaming media all over the world. On average, more than 20 million Conceptis puzzles are solved each day in newspapers, magazines, books and online as well as on smartphones and tablets across the world.
What's New in Version 2.7This is a major update introducing a new architecture, features and improvements:
• Puzzle packs are now split into 2 sections: Library, showing the free and purchased puzzle packs you can play, and Shop, showing the puzzle packs you can buy.
• Added powerful filtering options by variant, difficulty, size, and price. You can now find your favorite puzzles easily and fast!
• Improved sorting options and added a ‘recent on top’. You can now easily find the last puzzles you were working on.
• Added previous/next navigation buttons to the completed puzzle screen. You can now start solving the next puzzle with a single tap of a button.
• Added a wishlist option in the Shop section. You can now mark the favorite puzzle packs you would like to buy in the future and view them in the wish list section.
• Added an archiving option in the Library section. You can now archive completed puzzle packs if you no longer want to see them in the Library list.
• Added automatic restoring purchases when re-installing the app.
• Added automatic refreshing to the puzzle pack list in the Shop section. New packs will now automatically show when they are released.