Awesome Meal Food Diet Tracker
- Publisher: Awesome Labs LLC
- Genre: Health & Fitness
- Released: 3 Aug, 2020
- Size: 82.8 MB
- Price: FREE!
- App Store Info
DescriptionYou can call it a food log, meal journal or diet tracker... we simply call it Awesome Meal.
Awesome Meal is the fastest and easiest way to start a meal diary - just snap photos of your meals and view them on an interactive timeline. No complicated calorie counting needed!
We originally built Awesome Meal for ourselves to easily log our meals, monitor our intermittent fasting windows, and hold ourselves accountable. Now we’re sharing it with you - and it works! Just open up the app, add photos of your meal (using your camera or from your camera roll) and you are done.
How it works:
• Snap photos of your meals (or select from your camera roll)
• Optionally add a short description and/or tags
• Forgot to take a photo? No problem! Just add a note entry
• Save, then view your interactive meal timeline
• Close the app and get back to your life!
We came to the realization that the information already contained in meal photos provides a ton of useful information, such as:
• Meal times (automatically extracted from photos)
• Portion sizes
• Variety of nutrients (food colors, vegetables, fruits, etc.)
• Patterns and habits (always eating dinner late during the work week? Always having an afternoon coffee?)
Other ways you can use Awesome Meal:
• Intermittent fasting? No problem! See where your meals fall in your eating window
• Mindfully track your caffeine, water, or alcohol consumption
• Track your supplements in relation to meals and time of day
Simple meal tracking has been proven to be valuable and effective. Kaiser Permanente’s Center for Health Research published a study of nearly 1,700 participants, in which it was found that those who kept daily food records lost twice as much weight as those who kept no records. In fact, the more food records kept by participants in this study, the more weight they lost. This important message may encourage and motivate participants to "keep track" of what they are eating and drinking. 
We hope Awesome Meal helps you reach your goals, and look forward to being a part of your journey. We are just getting started, so would love to hear your feedback!
Yours in health,
The Awesome Meal Team
 “Kaiser Permanente Study Finds Keeping a Food Diary Doubles Diet Weight Loss”, https://share.kaiserpermanente.org/article/kaiser-permanente-study-finds-keeping-a-food-diary-doubles-diet-weight-loss/